• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Denies Boarding to President of Palau

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh yea that country Poulaou or whatever was one of a great coalition bush put together to defeat terror in Iraq......Oh wait Iraq never had any terrorism because Saddam hated them worse than we did.....why did he hate them? oh because they would try and take his power away and give it to Muslim extremist. And now Iraq is one big hot bed of terrorists. I guess this president got what he deserved.

Nobody said they were very smart over there at CAL.

This is the same company that put turboprops back in Newark. Aren't props for boats??? LOL

If given the chance to ride in the back of a Dash-8 for 1.5 hours or be crammed into any CRJ or EMB 145 for 1.1 hours I would pick the turbo prop every time. CRJ seats are scaled down to sqeeze 50-70 or 90 into an aircraft that is being stretched and flown way beyond its means. EMB-145's should be outlawed. Not saying the aircraft is not capable or technologically advanced when compared to a Dash-8... it just that the seating is made for oompa-loompas. Everyone of average size comes out with a crick in their neck looking like Forrest Gump with their head tilted to the side. EMB 170-190 are more realistic but they are not regional jets. They are designed to be purchased by regional companies to continue the errosion of mainline flying. SCOPE is critical to the success of the legacy airlines. They must regain control of the flying to ensure there will be something for all of the regional pilots to move up to when they choose to. This also empowers the regional pilots to negotiate better contracts with thier companies becuase the demand will be greater. The situation that we are all in right now is because the regional pilots are whipsawed against each other for the lowest price to mainline. Mainline gave away seats to the regional to protect their jobs whithout ever envisioning that RJ flying would increase stage length and the number of seats the way that they have. Customers that were starry-eyed looking at the shiny new jet in the beginning are now bleary-eyed when they get on a CRJ-70 for a 2.5 hour flight.
Open skies starts this summer so the competition will increase for runs across the pond. The legacies that have seen their domestic ASM's diminish will now see competition on another front. SCOPE is critical to everyone's success in this industry. Keep the flying. Keep the aircraft. Negotiate the pay rate. Grow your seniority list. Those that choose to stay with a regional company will prosper as well.

LOL!!! Way to go pocono! You've got all these dummies eating from the palm of your hand.....or hoof.:laugh:

If I see one more post that ends in "LOL!", I am going to vomit all over my keyboard.

PIPE

I once heard a story that CAL was ordered to return to the airport en route from IAH to EWR because the Mayor of Houston was on board and hadn't been frisked by the TSA. No joke.

At least the CRJ will be tucking up the gear while the Dash guys are furiously flipping through the MEL saying "what do you mean it's not in here?"

Latest resources

Back