• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL Class

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
O.k for a little clarification, its not a check ride Per se. The CQST which is done for landing currency is very laid back and most of us actually enjoy the refresher. It is a training event and train to proficiency rules. I still wouldn't want to have to spend the night and do it again, but if you must then thats what will happen if there is a problem.

It has about a 1 hour brief +/- 30 (depends on instructor) which is a good refresher on procedures etc. the in the box a 5-5-5 take off followed by a CAT III land 3 approach. Then a non precision to a missed. Reposition for a v1 cut without TAC followed by one with TAC to a single engine visual full stop.
Thats it.... piece of cake

Whats to worry about?

if i could hold it in IAH...i'd be there in a second...checkride or not...

PBS has thrown a wrench in that sweet deal. Now you've got to be senior to hold a reserve line.

The most junior IAH 777 FO could not hold reserve in Jan.
He got bumped to a line because of the crappy lines PBS is building for the junior line holders.

PBS has thrown a wrench in that sweet deal. Now you've got to be senior to hold a reserve line.

The most junior IAH 777 FO could not hold reserve in Jan.
He got bumped to a line because of the crappy lines PBS is building for the junior line holders.

that's an interesting development. but his 777 line probably isnt as bad as mine where i arrive on a redeye only to fly out again the SAME DAY. PBS assigned that jewel.

I wouldn't blame PBS so much for that jewel as I would a crappy contract that allows that type of schedule. We should have a 24 hour rest after a redeye. ALPA should stand up and take crew fatigue seriously.

I wouldn't blame PBS so much for that jewel as I would a crappy contract that allows that type of schedule. We should have a 24 hour rest after a redeye. ALPA should stand up and take crew fatigue seriously.

i agree 100%

i agree. most guys think the ERJ is a toy. but, at least they put some technology into it and lightened the pilot workload. for an airplane designed during the same time as the 'Next Gen 737', the ERJ seems to have taken more advantage of the day's technology.

Like putting the thermostat control on the other side of the cockpit door! Why in this green earth would Boeing not do that! Please put it on the other side on the 900ERs and the 787!

Like putting the thermostat control on the other side of the cockpit door! Why in this green earth would Boeing not do that! Please put it on the other side on the 900ERs and the 787!

The thermostat control for the cabin is transferred from the FO's overhead panel by pulling out the knob. It can be controlled from the cockhouse if desired, or the FA can control the cabin without having to bother the crew, ie, "a bit cooler please". The packs can make it so cold that it can snow in the cockpit in the summer.

Most of the engineers at Empressa (Embraer) were hired away from Boeing in the late 70's to the turn of the century, and given free reign in the systems design.

Most of the engineers at Empressa (Embraer) were hired away from Boeing in the late 70's to the turn of the century, and given free reign in the systems design.

was that during the strike when management actually built an E-120 with their own hands?

Sincerely,

B. Franklin

They already did it in the 777.

Latest resources

Back