APRIL 24th

2 - ASA
1 - Colgan Air
2 - Expressjet
1 - Mesa
1 - PSA Airlines
3 - Skywest
1 - USAF

The classes this summer have been reduced as they were last year at this time. Most instructors will be out flying the line instead of instructing, thereby reducing the need for more new-hires and more new captains. Hiring is expected to increase again once the schedule is reduced around the beginning of September.

May - One class starting on the 8th
June - One class starting on the 5th
July - One class starting on the 10th
August - One class starting on the 7th

Thanks for the posts. Keep 'em coming. I've been saving this information for the last year and a half, I'll tabulate it at some point....

How long are the callbacks these days?

How much does it "help" if you have only one internal reference from a fairly junior FO?

Thanks

How long are the callbacks these days?

How much does it "help" if you have only one internal reference from a fairly junior FO?

Thanks

It doesn't matter how junior, if he or she is willing to go to the chief pilot, Flight/Fleet manager and go to bat for you, you'll get a call. however, just a letter of rec.. won't do any good.

I walked in someone's stuff twice and still no call......since January (first walked in). The CPs even typed up something in their airapps file because I had walked their stuff in and chatted about the guy. He's got tons of turbine PIC, and plenty of hours....so I'm not sure what else to do but bug em again! Hope that helps...? Don't mean to get you discouraged or anything, though!

Interesting to see a JetBlue pilot jump over to CAL. I wonder if the transition from side stick back to traditional yoke is difficult?

I know a number of people who had offers for both last year or two and now wish they had selected CAL instead of JetBlue. Of course CAL's lame first 6 month lack of health insurance and crap initial pay don't help when making a comparison. To each his own I guess...

Last edited:
Interesting to see a JetBlue pilot jump over to CAL. I wonder if the transition from side stick back to traditional yoke is difficult?

I know a number of people who had offers for both last year or two and now wish they had selected CAL instead of JetBlue. Of course CAL's lame first 6 month lack of health insurance and crap initial pay don't help when making a comparison. To each his own I guess...

might be ram's horn style yoke from Embraer.

i think JBlu to CAL is a wise move. i'd be nervous flying around with no union protection at an airline. and their business/financial maneuvers make me question their longevity.

at least at CAL we know where the money is coming from - the pilots' pockets!

Latest resources

Back