Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Soulfly00

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can offer me some insight (basically, HOPE) about CAL callbacks. I did my sim in IAH on Thursday (9/6), and it's now Saturday. My HR had been done two weeks prior at another domicile. I haven't heard anything.

Alot of people seem to get the call on the same day, or the next day. It's now the weekend, so I am going to at least give myself until Monday before I really get down and out. Does anyone have anything to add to the process that might offer some relief? Perhaps anyone that also interviewed that day?

Thanks.

PS- I know that Pocono Pilot will turn this thread into garbage pretty fast, so if that's the case, I would appreciate some PMs.

Hey,

I wouldn't fret it too much just yet. Yeah, most calls are done in the first day or two, but sometimes it's longer for no real reason.

From what I have heard, if you did the interview prior (in EWR for example) and they send you to go to the sim, you basically have the job unless you just totally botch the sim ride. Give it a couple of days next week and hopefully you'll get the call.

Also, one reason you might have been called yet is if you had a dude walk your stuff in, they might be trying to get a hold of him so they can give you the good news themselves...

Good luck..

I just got out of the sim building myself today and saw on of the guys doing interviews. He says 16/week until May. The sim check is in the 737 now...we don't have a Md-80 sim anymore.

Good luck!

i waited a little over a week for the results. It was really awful going throught that. Dont worry about it until you get the letter. Easier said than done.

Thats nothing!! I had the exact same time table as you for the panel and then the sim. I waited a full week before I got the call saying they'd like to offer me a class date. Some people do slip through the cracks, me being one of them. I was literally watching for the FedEx guy to bring my PFO letter.

Hang in there!

any insight on the sim ride? 737? ANy prep you would reccomend? Hope you get the call

Go through Crew Pilot Training. They were the guys that used to do it in the MD80. I am almost certain that they do it for the 73 as well. Great guys and its totally worth spending the money especially if you've been flying glass for the past few years.

If you got invited back for the sim, you're hired.

Relax, you'll be in class within 4 weeks.

So why do any of you care for a job here???

We are nothing but a bunch of low paid sacbs (all of us), with a B.S. PBS scheduling system, flying narrow body B757's accross the Atlantic, working for a sub level of human beings.

Thats what POCO, and every other person who has had nothing to do with this airline for the last 25 years says. So don't worry about not getting a callback, I'm sure you will find a much better, happy long term career at some place where no one has ever crossed a picket line like a NWA, UAL, AMR, USA, JBLU, etc., or where there has never been any employee dissension.

Good luck to you! Here is the truth about CAL. I have been here a long time. Some things never change (EWR operations stinks), but I must say that most pilots get along with each other. I've been based in IAH, GSO, CLE, DEN and the dreaded EWR. We all come to work thinking lets get the job done!

I run into so many unhappy UAL, USAIR and Delta guys in hotel fitness centers. They ask who I am with, and when I tell them they usually compliment CAL and then start badmouthing their airline. I never would have thought years ago that CAL would really be the place to be right now. The money is on par with all the other majors, maybe not to start, but that is a sacriface you have to make sometimes. I hope it will get better.

The folks who complain about the problems of being junior are guess what, junior. It truly is about SENIORITY! We all learn this as time goes by. Never give up an offer of a class date. I upgraded to Captain in two years at CAL, people two months behind me took 10 years.

I hope the FEDEX truck bringsing you a job offer arrives soon! We will soon see you on the Line!

Latest resources

Back