CAL call when?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

jetjam619

Interviewd for CAL......web chatter says if ur hired , u get a call next day.....pilot recrtment says by the second day..any thoughts? sitting on pins and needles......thanks.

They may call your sponsor instead. Make sure he is not out of the country.

Give it a week before you start to get nervous.

I think interviews are still happening, but the list of those selected has been complete until Sept. I think...

Interviewed this week. There were three of us on this particular day. Got the call late in the evening the next day. Got the offer via email the day after that for an August class date.

BTW-Last day using the MD-80 for the sim eval, May 17. The 73 sim will be used from then on, according to the pilots that conducted my sim eval. Appearently, there were eight more sim evals after mine, through May 17. This included the two pilots after me on the same day. Sounds like six more interviews through May 17.

monday, tuesday interviews should normally be called by thursday, friday latest... Wednesday on can come as late as monday. CAL likes to call as soon as possible, and guys, this is unusual in the industry and we must admit - it is very nice to know as quickly as they let us... so thanks

the interviews that are being conducted are slowing down due to summer flying/demand for those interview/management pilots being needed on the line. From what I understand, the interviews that just were conducted this past week filled Sept class date...

If you did not get the phone call in 24 hours then the next hurdle is the 48 hr mark. The deadline to get the FDX letter out is 3pm. So it my take a day to get the letter to you. If no FDX then you should be in the clear. My FDX came in 48 hrs. Good luck.

Latest resources

Back