Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL ALPA: UAL's Contract Dissenting opinion is out!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yes and more bases and planes and captain upgrades when Jeff parks the UAL 757s and lets CAL fly those routes. I'll have to vote yes just to stop the bull******************** injustices. And don't think for one second that Jeff, Fred, Freinds of Fred, wont do it. Game over. You will be out voted. The contract lacks but I won't let you get a seniority and seat grab

Been reading this opinon a lot today. UTTERLY pathetic. Fred and his minons are going beat our collective heads for at least the next 6 years with this POS. Gonna be some serious culture shock for the brain surgeons when they begin to realize that the language allows them to selectively bend you over in ways even a regional pilot would find unacceptable.

Btw you sure dropped your scope tough talk fast.

Yes and more bases and planes and captain upgrades when Jeff parks the UAL 757s and lets CAL fly those routes. I'll have to vote yes just to stop the bullsh!te injustices. And don't think for one second that Jeff, Fred, Friends of Fred, wont do it. Game over. You will be out voted. The contract lacks but I won't let you get a seniority and seat grab

Wow. Seriously, pull your head out of your ass and read the TA. It sucks. Take the blinders off and realize that most of us CAL guys couldn't give two sh!ts about a "seniority and seat grab". We want this nightmare of Fred and Jeffies POS '02 to be done; we just want a good contract... better pay, work rules, scope, etc. For you UA morons who think the CAL side wants to delay to supposedly improve the SLI, you're just clueless and beyond hope.

UTTERLY pathetic. Fred and his minons are going beat our collective heads for at least the next 6 years with this POS. Gonna be some serious culture shock for the brain surgeons when they begin to realize that the language allows them to selectively bend you over in ways even a regional pilot would find unacceptable.

Yep. And when YuppyGup realizes that he helped vote this POS in with his "YES!" vote, he'll be crying for his mommy to make the beatings stop... pathetic indeed.

Last edited:
Yes and more bases and planes and captain upgrades when Jeff parks the UAL 757s and lets CAL fly those routes. I'll have to vote yes just to stop the bull******************** injustices. And don't think for one second that Jeff, Fred, Freinds of Fred, wont do it. Game over. You will be out voted. The contract lacks but I won't let you get a seniority and seat grab

Don't think for once second that JEFF and Fred wont park those planes anyway due to circumstances beyond companies control. Its allowed in the contract your so willing to approve. I had heard that UAL pilots are real pilots who will stand up to mgt. Guess you should get your knee pads out your next in line! Your about to get a rude awakening.

I'm sure all your furloughed brothers appreciate your willingness to sell out. You "scab like mentality" will fit in nicely here. After all it's all about you isn't it?

Last edited:
btw you sure dropped your scope tough talk fast.

burn

yep. And when yuppygup realizes that he helped vote this pos in with his "yes!" vote, he'll be crying for his mommy to make the beatings stop... Pathetic indeed.

iceburn

i'm sure all your furloughed brothers appreciate your willingness to sell out. You "scab like mentality" will fit in nicely here. After all it's all about you isn't it?

wicked ice burn

So much for the all powerful unionist Brain Surgeons. It seems like they are collectively soiling themselves with management intimidation and rhetoric while the lcal pilot see the TA for what it is worth.

Well it worked like a charm the last couple of times for management at the all mighty United.

I really do feel for the 2172... That being said their biggest problem is UAL ALPA. If JP says it was mgt that wanted to deny them full longevity, we can't doubt him. JP and CAL ALPA do not have a history of allowing our junior pilots to be thrown under the bus. If anything, this is further evidence of that being true. The same can't be said for JH and UAL ALPA. His comment about "obvious resistance" is nebulous BS.

Additionally, I'm of the opinion that mgt was behind not allowing full longevity for UAL cross overs to gain some votes on the CAL side. Mgt knows 80% of CAL pilots will say no; However, stirring up some SLI worries among the junior CAL pilots and feeding them some "protection" language? Yeah, that will score them some votes. Junior CAL guys/gals: Don't take the bait!

Last edited:

I must of missed where you guys were upgrading, or where you had any new planes coming over the last fifteen years. Read between your own lines, CAL pilots before age 65 had all of this and now that five years has gone by we are getting it back and you want to steal some of it. Congrats to you Guppy you just proved the point that you brought nothing to this merger but a bunch of old planes and now you think were the ones trying to steal seniority priceless. There is a reason our 98 hires are flying as captains on the 757 and yours are reserve FO's. I cant wait to see what you say when an arbitrator sees through your argument and you are stuck with this Chitty contract because of a myopic paranoid view. I wish I was supprised by your attitude or total lack of awareness as to what the seniority progression was at CAL pre age 65 which was pre merger.

Clown! You deserve this POS!

Been reading this opinon a lot today. UTTERLY pathetic. Fred and his minons are going beat our collective heads for at least the next 6 years with this POS. Gonna be some serious culture shock for the brain surgeons when they begin to realize that the language allows them to selectively bend you over in ways even a regional pilot would find unacceptable.

Btw you sure dropped your scope tough talk fast.

I'm voting no on this pierceofshii contract. But look at your quote below from another thread.

I don't think JP is the head of Network Planning just yet so not sure he pulls the levers on EAL II. Giving your MEC a pass on boning 1437 members based on Stockholm Syndrome is pretty pathetic.

Like it or not, pierceofshii has a lot of UAL pilots concerned about block hour ratios vaporizing with the end of that provision in the TPA (31 Mar 2013) and being dissembled much like EAL. After all, jeff's simply FLIBS. UAL pilots are so concerned about this that they're willing to vote for this pierceofshii TA.

Again, I'm voting NO but this pierceofshii will likely pass by at least 80%, including a majority of CAL pilots voting in favor of it.

So it's a Pyrrhic Victory for both pilot unions. Management wins. Again.

Latest resources

Back