• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

CAL 2nd Quarter Suprise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Must be all the help they're getting from the pilots. In the EWR weather room Tuesday evening. A very excited (and loud) captain saw the opportunity to "help out" so he called scheduling. Said he'd just finished a PHX leg and was off, but saw that there was a late push on an MCO - EWR the next morning. Investigating further, he found that it was due to awaiting a reserve captain being sent down in the morning. "Hold the phone! I can help" he excitedly said into the phone. While another captain got on another computer to look at loads that night to MCO, he offered "instead of putting a reserve on it, why don't you DH me down tonight and I'll push it on time in the morning. My friend here tells me there are seats on tonight's flight." A third captain looked over his shoulder and said "way to go . . . you'll get over $1,000 for that!" After he was done, all three congratulated him on a job well done.

Too bad they didn't bother to look around and see a couple of long faces in the room from FOs who got furlough letters last week. On the other hand, I don't think that would have mattered.

I'm gonna venture to guess that they were "funny numbered guys".

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back