Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

TxPilot0878

Get Some!
I was a part of the 61 layed off on Thursday 01/22/09 out of the DFW base of Simuflite...tough market and definitely tough industry. Hopefully find enough contract work on the Falcon 20 to stay afloat. 110 instructors left.

Obama is in and I am out!

Best of luck to all of you!!!

Tex

I was a part of the 61 layed off on Thursday 01/22/09 out of the DFW base of Simuflite...tough market and definitely tough industry. Hopefully find enough contract work on the Falcon 20 to stay afloat. 110 instructors left.

Tex

Hey Tex, I heard about this last night from a part-time instructor friend of mine. This suprised me. SimuFlite was always a good place to weather a strom.

I heard they offered for everyone to re-apply as part-time instructors, that way they get rid of having to pay any benefits. Any thruth to this?

I would imagine that this did not happen in Montreal too, those Frenchies up there would have been on strike and walking pickets lines in the snow within the hour.

Good luck.

Hey Tex, I heard about this last night from a part-time instructor friend of mine. This suprised me. SimuFlite was always a good place to weather a strom.

I heard they offered for everyone to re-apply as part-time instructors, that way they get rid of having to pay any benefits. Any thruth to this?

I would imagine that this did not happen in Montreal too, those Frenchies up there would have been on strike and walking pickets lines in the snow within the hour.

Good luck.

They are Canadians not "frenchies".

Wow! I guess this aviation avalanche is really headed for the bottom of the hill. Im sorry to hear this, I have made some nice friendships with many of the Hawker Instructors, did some of those guys get the boot?

Tex

How's FSI looking, are they hiring??

Last year I went to Wichita for Hawker training, the instructor kept complaining about how much over-time they were making him work. FSI-Wichita seems to be in short supply of instructors most of the time.

Last year I went to Wichita for Hawker training, the instructor kept complaining about how much over-time they were making him work. FSI-Wichita seems to be in short supply of instructors most of the time.

With deliveries on both sides of town decreasing, both HB and Cessna FlightSafetys are looking at possible layoffs. At least that is the word around there as of last week.

Maybe true, But those guys are always complaining. I'll be up there in March and maybe now they will have something legit to complain about

They are bringing us back!

Part time is the new part of Simuflites' module. They are trying to weather the storm...we can keep our benefits but most of yall know that COBRA is very expensive.....but they offer an additional part of our severance to keep it.

Fortunately the majority of guys there are of extremely high CALIBER and are helping us in every way that they can. Never worked with a better group of guys...the best aviation job I have ever had.

Hope that the rest of you don't have to deal with the same and that economic recovery is in the somewhat near future!!!

Tex

Latest resources

Back