Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

citabriapilot

V Murdda...
In 2000 (maybe 2001) I flew on the now defunct TransBrasil Airlines from Orlando to Sao Paulo, BR. The first leg was from Orlando to Miami and we picked up more passengers before departing Miami for Sao Paulo. Doesn't this go against cabotage?

Not unless the MCO pax were only going to MIA. Lots of international flights operate this way. Years ago one of the best ways to nonrev to HNL was on an Asian carriers flight from DFW to HNL and it continued on somewhere in the East.

Quantas flies from NY to LA before heading down under. So long as no one leaves in LA, it's ok.

British Airways back in the 90s did SAN-PHX-LGW, then it went to SAN-LHR and PHX-LHR, now all thats left is PHX-LHR. It used to be so nice to see the Dockyard Flag fly in every day and seeing how such a nice bird like the 777 stuck out like a sore thumb amongst a whole lot o' narrow bodies on the SAN field *sigh*

-Paul

Another question, I just had a friend recently get home from New Zealand on Air New Zealand, he was "talking" with the F/A (supposedly, I read it as flirting) and she said the plane goes on to LHR, I take it thats legal too and doesn't violate any cabotage rules either?

-Paul

Latest resources

Back