• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cabo San Lucas

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Birth Certificate and a photo ID are just fine for Mexico. I have pax about 3 trips per year that do not have passports. It is NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER.
However, I think it is 2008 that Passports will be REQUIRED for travel to/from mexice, so you may want to take this opportunity to suggest to your pax that they will need them in the future, so start now. Also, I would just recommend leaving the bird at MMSD. Fuel is there, great FBO plus, it's 2 less cycles than going over to MCSL.

Have a good time in Cabo, you won't remember any of it, but it will be fun.

knelson said:
Birth Certificate and a photo ID are just fine for Mexico.

Yup, the man is absolutely correct. Almost every flight down there I have at least one passenger with no passport. Birth certificate and DL is all that's needed for Mexican and American customs. No problems, ever.

The Royal Solaris is the way to go. Granted, the food is absolute crap, the crowd is a bunch of fat, old Minnesotans and the beach is unswimmable, but I've always managed to get blind drunk off of their drinks. Oh yeah, two little words: tequila volleyball.

As far as the passport goes, I just asked the guy in Calexico last week and he said that passports aren't required yet. He also said that if you don't have a passport, you might be taken down to the local port if they think you're dodgy looking.

ultrarunner

ultrarunner said:
We have a 5-day coming up down there. Any hotel tips?
Have Colt Aviation fuels set up the handling and arrangememts.They do a great job in Mexico and there price is very reasonable.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back