• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Cabin press. question landing at 13,000 ft

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So I take it there is not too many single engine props (C172s) operating out of La Paz.

The place sounds interesting to visit. What's the city/town like?

C-150ETOPS said:
Only airport in the world that turns a 757 into underpowered, runway hogging sled :D

If I remember right, groundspeed at touchdown was around 175 knots. On takeoff, the mains broke ground around 195 knots.

Wow! What is the speed limit on the tires??

C-150ETOPS said:
Only airport in the world that turns a 757 into underpowered, runway hogging sled :D

If I remember right, groundspeed at touchdown was around 175 knots. On takeoff, the mains broke ground around 195 knots.

l.

Sounds like a MD80 at Vegas in the summertime. :eek:

enigma

Certain bolivian carriers operating 727's out of there w/o the modified pressure controller (switch to keep the jungle from coming down) Well you'd wind the Pressure controller all the way past 8.7k....raise the QnH dial all the way up..... Once the cabin stopped coming up, you'd turn one pack off then the other. Trick was on the 727 back in the cabin in a access panel in the floor was the reset T handle for the masks.. With it in the pulled out position the masks wouldn't drop for anything. Company would switch back and forth on that procedure, a good f/e could raise the cabin and the masks still wouldn't drop. Anyways flew out of there for a year or so, 80kts by the intersection or reject.
Also after doing a few overnights there, you get used to it, even able to go out drinking and dancing.....1 or 2 beers and your toasted, great cheap dates..LOL

Latest resources

Back