Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GIVSP

Gents,
What are your procedures regarding cabin announcements for the pax? Anyone still use the PA system? Just hit the seat belt sign? Also, how often do you train your pax on emergency evacuation procedures and where the O2 fire extinguishers are located? Assuming no cabin attendant.

Along with normal safety briefing while boarding i usually brief pax to pay attention for seatbelt dings, 2 for takeoff and landing, and 1 for enroute expected turbulence. Other than that usually no cabin intercom usage.

We make a PA before takeoff and landing. The PA system isn't very loud so I doubt the passengers know what we are saying.

Briefings carried out before engine start. All the standard things and throw in a joke to break up the monotony.

One ding before takeoff, along with the obvious dings associated with seatbelt signs on and off.... That's all. Pax don't want to hear all that nonsense.

By nonsense I meant excessive dinging and announcements, just to be clear. Experienced passengers especially. They know the drill after awhile obviously. I aim for minimal intrusion. They want to get there safely with as much peace as possible. Just my opinion. YMMV.

By nonsense I meant excessive dinging and announcements, just to be clear. Experienced passengers especially. They know the drill after awhile obviously. I aim for minimal intrusion. They want to get there safely with as much peace as possible. Just my opinion. YMMV.

So no, "heeeeeey! Off the left wing you can see..."

So no, "heeeeeey! Off the left wing you can see..."

I used to fly at a fractional, and there was a guy who was enamored with airline pa announcements. He made all of them, it was embarrassing.

"we're above 10,000'..."

"we've reached our cruising altitude..."

"we've begun our initial descent..."

Even the occasional, "yeeeaaaahhhhh, from the flight deck, to the left you can see the grand canyon"

I used to fly at a fractional, and there was a guy who was enamored with airline pa announcements. He made all of them, it was embarrassing.

"we're above 10,000'..."

"we've reached our cruising altitude..."

"we've begun our initial descent..."

Even the occasional, "yeeeaaaahhhhh, from the flight deck, to the left you can see the grand canyon"
Most of these former airline guys doing our kind of flying just don't seem to get it, do they.

Most of these former airline guys doing our kind of flying just don't seem to get it, do they.

Nor does the frustrated 60-something, never-have-been-and-never-will-be airline captain wanna-be. It is horribly embarrassing to hear some of these announcements. I wish I had a cut-out switch on my audio panel.

Please leave the PA announcements to the guys locked behind the cockpit doors, or otherwise only in an emergency. I think it is safe to assume 99+% of passengers flying private in a corporate aircraft prefer the personal service of a face to face briefing and en route updates.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back