C500/550

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fblowjets

I am a co captain currently flying for a 91 company in Louisana. We have a small jet and now selling it for possible a c500 or c550. Right now my duties are to plan and fly my legs, and keep the aircraft clean at all times. Just wondering from any other c500 series pilots what kind of pay I am looking at. My raise is coming up but now switching aircraft to something smaller so I hope they do not cut my pay raise. Thanks for the input.

Fblowjets said:
I am a co captain currently flying for a 91 company in Louisana. We have a small jet and now selling it for possible a c500 or c550. Right now my duties are to plan and fly my legs, and keep the aircraft clean at all times. Just wondering from any other c500 series pilots what kind of pay I am looking at. My raise is coming up but now switching aircraft to something smaller so I hope they do not cut my pay raise. Thanks for the input.

You say you are already flying a small jet but are concerned about what a Citation 1 or 2 pays. I am confused, what jet are you flying that is smaller than a C500?

I did not say it was smaller then a c500 or c550, I just stated it was a small jet, but if its big for you then ok, just looking for salary info.

Fblowjets said:
I did not say it was smaller then a c500 or c550, I just stated it was a small jet, but if its big for you then ok, just looking for salary info.

Oh, ok. I'm not 100% sure what to tell you, but hopefully more than me......lol

Fblowjets said:
We are flying a Sabre 60 right now doing about 250 hours a year.

The 60 is not a small jet by any means, actually falls in the weight category of mid size. You must be flying the 65 proto type, saw it was forsale.

But regardless I wouldn't expect a pay cut and if they decide that a cut is in order I would start looking elsewhere.

edit: The 500 series would not be a bad type to have, there are a bunch of Citations in South La. in fact all over the state.

Sabre Thanks for the reply, your right its a midesize jet. We will see. Yeah its for sale, the BTR FSDO has had our RVSM paperwork for 4 months now. They still cannot tell us when they are gonna get to it. So its too expensive down low. We have called and called but it does no good. Goodluck to us. But thanks.

WTF is going with the LA FSDO? I have heard more horror stroies about those crackers than anywhere in the country. I just got my RVSM ops spec renewed (was LOA) while adding P-RNAV and an authorization for an MMEL use in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you guys need to call your local Congressman.

Latest resources

Back