C500/550

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
G100driver said:
WTF is going with the LA FSDO? I have heard more horror stroies about those crackers than anywhere in the country. I just got my RVSM ops spec renewed (was LOA) while adding P-RNAV and an authorization for an MMEL use in a couple of weeks.

Sounds like you guys need to call your local Congressman.

I did our original LOA in January 2005 with Baton Rouge and it was all completed in 3 weeks time. Although we are changing planes soon I plan to put the wheels in motion tomorrow to get our ops specs going just incase.

We have given them (in writing) a 2 week time limit to tell us what is going on before we contact FAA legal. The sad part is, when we get a new aircraft we feel like the process starts all over again. Hopefully not.... BTR did get a write up in some mag. as being the worst FSDO. Its sad you spend all that time and money on this RVSM project, and they act like its a burden on them. Need to move across the border to Texas.

Fblowjets said:
We have given them (in writing) a 2 week time limit to tell us what is going on before we contact FAA legal. The sad part is, when we get a new aircraft we feel like the process starts all over again. Hopefully not.... BTR did get a write up in some mag. as being the worst FSDO. Its sad you spend all that time and money on this RVSM project, and they act like its a burden on them. Need to move across the border to Texas.

Which inspector are working with? I'd give the airworthiness manager (J.S.) a call. His direct line is on the BTR FSDO website.

Fblowjets said:
I am a co captain currently flying for a 91 company in Louisana. We have a small jet and now selling it for possible a c500 or c550. Right now my duties are to plan and fly my legs, and keep the aircraft clean at all times. Just wondering from any other c500 series pilots what kind of pay I am looking at. My raise is coming up but now switching aircraft to something smaller so I hope they do not cut my pay raise. Thanks for the input.
As a CE-500 Captain you should expect between 60-65k.

Latest resources

Back