Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Snakum

How's your marmott?
I need to rent a C150 or 152 Aerobat and an aerobatics instructor for a few hours anywhere near CLT, GSO, INT, RDU, etc., in late September or early October.

Been searching around the net and have come up empty-handed thus far.

c-150

I teach out of VUJ in Stanly Cty out of my C150, but there is a flight school in Salisbury (Rowan Cty) RUQ that rents out a 152

Know of a place in Tennessee...make a nice weekend get away...top quality instruction....KUOS. PM me if you want a phone number.

EB

150pilot said:
I teach out of VUJ in Stanly Cty out of my C150, but there is a flight school in Salisbury (Rowan Cty) RUQ that rents out a 152

Yeah ... I know Mike J in RUQ (nice guy), but I need an Aerobat to do some unusual attitude recovery ... spins, inverted recovery, etc. If you see a white Alarus CH2000 all over the sky on the ILS into 22L at VUJ ... that's me ... wrestling that squirrelly MF with the sticky rudder. I hate that airplane. :D

Thanks El Bucho ... I'll keep it in mind. I met a guy from the CLT area a couple years ago in EXX, who gave dual in an Aerobat, wearing chutes. I just can't seem to find anything on him, now, though.

Last edited:
Snakum said:
Thanks El Bucho ... I'll keep it in mind. I met a guy from the CLT area a couple years ago in EXX, who gave dual in an Aerobat, wearing chutes. I just can't seem to find anything on him, now, though.

I remember having his business car hanging up in the old office. Was left there by a previous instructor. Even had a few students that went and flew with the guy. My understanding was that he quit instucting some time arround the end of 2004/beginning of 2005.

TN
schools-5.jpg

Ace Aerobatic School
P.O. Box 3266
Sherwood Road
Sewanee, TN 37375
931/598-1910 (Office)
931/598-5723 (Home)

Cessna Aerobat
*William Kershner
Aerobatics - 5 Hr. Ground w/
Aerobatics - 5 Hr. Flight
Spins - 3 Hr. Ground w/
Spins - 2 Hr. Flight

This one is perfect. Thanks. :)

Kershner is a great guy. He now does the ground portion and he has an instructor that does the flight. She is a nice lady also. If you get the AOPA pilot magazine, they have a big article on those two and the school. If you get in touch with them, could you post their prices? I used to know a few years back, but can't remember them.

Here is his website for all of the flight manuals he's written.

http://www.kershnerflightmanuals.com/

I was surprised to learn that Mr. K was the aero instructor there, which is the closest one to my location CLT. It is his book - The Basic Aerobatic Manual - that I used to teach myself basic unusual attitude recoveries, oddly enough.

I hope to be going this fall for the full aerobatics program.

Gad I miss doing that kind of stuff...nothing logged really but had rides and a little stick time in Buker Jungman (or Jungmister-cant remember which is the two seater), pitts S-2, RV-4, Clipped Cub, Stearman, Waco, Skybolt and yeah a 150 Aerobat.

I still think the Buker was the best...

Latest resources

Back