C141's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

SSDD

Don't know why, but it occurred to me that I haven't seen or heard a C141 for some time, are they still flying? I know a while back they had some wing spars break while refueling.

Thanks

There are only a handful left and those will be gone soon. Only the Guard and Reserves have them.

The wing that failed on the ground was because of a plugged fuel vent system.

I have around 4,000 hours as an FE on those things. That's why my hearing is @#%ed and my toes are numb. Loved every minute.

SSDD said:
Don't know why, but it occurred to me that I haven't seen or heard a C141 for some time, are they still flying? I know a while back they had some wing spars break while refueling.

Thanks

saw one in Delhi, India two weeks ago. it had no discernable markings on it. it was landing as we were getting ready to T/O. :)

That could have been an IL-76 though, either Russian, India or private freight.

414flyer wrote: "That could have been an IL-76 though, either Russian, India or private freight."

Would that make it an "optional Illyusin"

A-thankyouverymuch!

You've been wonderful! Tip your servers! Drive safe!

Ah, the tube of pain!
Earplugs and Dave-Clark's on every mission and you still end up deaf after a few thousand hours.
I think they are still flying C models out at Wright-Patterson. It's also the only airplane I know of that uses hydraulic pressure to start the APU.

-Stepclimb

The 141s have served their country very well and very very long. The USAF got their money's worth out of the Starlifter in spades.

WP is in the process of getting rid of the last of their birds as they go to fast 5 fredie, so long tube o' pain - you won't be missed

Why do you call it the tube of pain, the noise level? Although not an airplane the UH-60 uses hydraulic pressure to start the APU Stepclimb.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back