• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-Series Flight Deck Not Bad:

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I find this to be a very interesting opinion since judging by your posted resume, you flew at the regionals. It appears as though you were the very thing you despise.

No....

You are incorrect sir....everybody has to start somewhere, but I never PFTing, I didn't take short cuts, I flew for American Eagle and put in my time and moved on to bigger and better pastures. I didn't invent the RJDC and try to screw mainline because I didn't get hired by them. Heck I could have stayed at Eagle and did the "flow through"(which I still laugh about) to AMR, but I didn't. It would have taken longer that way to get to the majors.

What you don't know is that I have seen 23 and 24 year olds in the left seat of RJ's, bitching and moaning about how rough they have it at work. They upgraded after a year, some even in less time, and they live at home with mommy and daddy and bitch about their horrible schedules, pay and how bad the company is treating them. I have also seen them salivating at the thought of flying an E170 or E190 with auto throttles, while having the situational awareness of a baboon in the middle of a busy city having to take a crap and not knowing where to go or what to do.

That's the problem with planes like this.....Nice big TV screens.... you never develope the SA most pilots have while flying the steam gauges. Heck most of these computer geeks don't even know how to use a RMI...It's all about lazyness from my perspective... you start out in a high tech computer and instead of trying to leave the lame stepping stone of a job for a career airline, you just salivate at getting the bigger airplanes with a little bit of raise, which still dwarfs the pay at the majors. Mean while erroding mainline routes and aircraft and therefore pilot career positions.

Either way... I hope the scope relief booth is closed at all the mainlines, cause if this thing makes it to the regionals then be prepared for virtual airlines all over the place..... Sorry for the rant....

Net

This thread is a wonderful example of the disconnect in cultures between airline & business aviation...

No...

You've missed my point completely. I think ALL JETS should be flown by mainline. ALPA and DALPA dropped the ball years ago with Comair and now you have "Regional Jets" that have more range than the DC-9/717 being flown by Express Carriers. Even though the 50 seater slipped through the perverbial cracks, all the unions should have forced the 70 seater to be flown by mainline pilots. However... as we have seen over and over again, relief after relief after relief..... the majors are becoming more like a virtual airline. I don't care how the PWA is written, there are loop holes around whatever is put on paper. Remember... we are our own worst enemy. There will be 20 yr olds lined up to pay for their own training and fly these planes for a fraction of what mainline pilots would get paid. Gotta love the computer age.....

Net
How many of those flowback AA captains voted on that beautiful 16yr contract Eagle has?
The fact is the regionals would have never gotten their hands on these airplanes if it weren't for the mainline pilot who were too good to fly them, and then Unions who proposed the crap wages on them.
Regardless of age, you were one of those little FO's who was chomping at the bit to fly an airlines (jet/prop) for those low wages.
Then you were also dumb enough to think for a while that you were going to flow through to AA.

How many of those flowback AA captains voted on that beautiful 16yr contract Eagle has?
The fact is the regionals would have never gotten their hands on these airplanes if it weren't for the mainline pilot who were too good to fly them, and then Unions who proposed the crap wages on them.
Regardless of age, you were one of those little FO's who was chomping at the bit to fly an airlines (jet/prop) for those low wages.
Then you were also dumb enough to think for a while that you were going to flow through to AA.

Wrong and Wrong....

Sorry to disappoint you, but I did the eagle thing for a year and I hated it and move on. And if you take a minute to read my post about the flow through, I said still "laugh" about it. It was as worthless as the paper it was written on and I didn't even think about it for a second. I was also flying a jet before heading to Eagle, so I really wasn't chomping at the bit to fly a turbo prop 5 to 8 legs a day, but it was the right choice to get on with the majors at the time.

You are correct about mainline giving away the Regional Jet way back when, but I wish this would have stopped at the 50 seater. Anything bigger should have been mainline.... I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this thing ends up. Probably right next to the E190 with mainline colors and a decal "OPERATED BY _______ EXPRESS".............

NET

Latest resources

Back