• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C.a.s.s.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never had to use them, but had called UPS's ops for a jumpseat, and they didn't have any issues about letting a CASS dispatcher ride.

I believe for Alaska/Horizon you must be in CASS to jumpseat (front or back). It's been a while since I've heard of anyone making an attempt on them.

I have not had any problems jumpseating on Southwest. And last weekend I offered my passport so the agent could check me in CASS, and she said "no need, if we were full enough to need you up front I'd bother, but there is lots of room."

Another dispatcher here at OO was denied on Southwest --- NOT a CASS issue though... big sign taped to the counter said "NO SKYWEST JUMPSEAT" and would have let her in the back with a non-rev ticket, but she didn't have any. I now carry a couple of the non-rev tickets, just in case this comes up again.

that's ridiculous... how about some details... I find your post hard to believe......what city? terminal? etc?

Last edited:
DX Jake,

KLAS. I've jumpseated out of KLAS many times on Southwest with no problems as many of our dispatchers have also.

When our dispatcher got denied, a call was made to Southwest dispatch office AND to the Southwest Jumpseat Coordinator to verify if a policy had changed or something else. Nothing changed. And we were advised if it happened again, politely step away from the counter and make a phone call.

As I said, I was ready with my non-rev ticket if not allowed the jumpseat pass. And I would have made the phone call to Southwest Dispatch and the Southwest Jumpseat Coordinator if I had been denied. But I wasn't. I had no problems. I did not see the sign that said "NO SKYWEST JUMPSEAT".

We just assumed that some bonehead SkyWest jumpseater did some no-no in KLAS to upset the gate agents. And I'm guessing it got cleared up by the time I flew last weekend.

Oh well. Always have a second plan is my motto for traveling.

Thanks, guys...! I'll have to check with our POI again. Another question; Do all CASS particiating airlines show up in each others system or just specific ones. I been trying to hitch rides with NWA out of DTW, but everytime I check in they say they can't find our company on their list. They just sit me in the back but if the flight is full then i'm f*cked. I will agree that most CS agents aren't up to speed on dispatchers. One lady insisted that I wasn't able to ride since I wasn't a pilot and not in uniform. I didn't know a company polo shirt and khaki pants wasn't in uniform. We had to get a supervisor involved just so I could get on the flight. What a bimbo!

The identifier thingee is somewhat of a pain. Most airlines have a two letter identifier, but some, like Ameriflight, don't. They have a 3 letter one, so sometimes it is hard for them to get employment verified. It all depends on what system the airline is using. For instance, we created a web page that uses the airline's entire name,not the identifier.

OTIS, just because you and NWA are both CASS carriers doesn't automatically mean you can ride. Your airline still has to have a reciprocal agreement with NWA.

Latest resources

Back