• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

C-310 fuel?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
big deal, i went ELP-ORF in a 310 with one fuel stop a few years ago.

I've done over four in a 210 with no autopilot. Does that count towards my badge of stupidity? KMAC- 4O4 (Macon, GA to Idabel, OK) That thing had six hour legs as well. To darn long for that little "puddle jumper."

I was doing 8 hours daily in a 172 with NO fuel stop, no autopilot, doing survey work. it is amazing how far you can go if you power back some.

Longest flight I have done was KDYR - KDNV a couple years ago in a 172R with a 50kt. headwind. Longest Flight Ever. I think that leg alone was a little over 4 hours! The whole route was KMDH-KDYR-KDNV-KMDH. Thank Jesus I had an mp3 player and a cable to hook it into the intercom or I would have gone insane! The flight down to DYR was only 30 minutes or so and the flight back to MDH from DYR was a little under 45 miuntes.

Many years ago there was a C-310 at the Aero Club at Eglin AFB that was a drug seizure. It had been fitted with enough gas to go from Brazil to NY non stop, at FL240 (big motors as well). With one pilot and full gas it was 100 #'s over gross.

Latest resources

Back