Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rumpletumbler

I was looking at an advertisement.

http://i3-hsv.iapplicants.com/ViewJ...Indeed&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=Indeed

In the list of requirements I meet all of them but this one: "Graduation certification from a civilian and/or military formal academic instructor course. (Required)."

What does that mean?

I'm civilian and am unaware of any civilian who has whatever this is.

Can someone help me out here and tell me what they are looking for?

Thank you.

Years ago in the AF we had a academic instructor school that we went to before becoming a classroom instructor for systems, aero, etc. (speaking as a UPT Instructor Pilot). I don't know if that still exists as it is contracted out, but I would imagine that is what they are looking for.

4. Graduation certification from a civilian and/or military formal academic instructor course. (Required)
5. Graduation certification from a civilian and/or military formal flight instructor course. (Preferred)

May be worth a call to them for clarification. I've never heard of something like that on the civilian side (military only heard of the USAF doing it). Seems like the "fundamentals of learning" curriculum, etc., that are part of the CFI training would meet this requirement.

Hit the apply button worst thing that happens is they don't hire you. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Thanks, I did apply.

There are a set of questions at the end (after) you've submitted that are fairly discouraging though.

They encompass all the (required) and (preferred) requirements and probably route your application to the deleted items folder if answered incorrectly.

I'd like to have had the option to choose "whats that?" instead of yes/no or to say I've got over 650 dual given instead of just 'no' I don't have 750...etc.

Thanks for the assistance guys.

Thanks, I did apply.

There are a set of questions at the end (after) you've submitted that are fairly discouraging though.

They encompass all the (required) and (preferred) requirements and probably route your application to the deleted items folder if answered incorrectly.

I'd like to have had the option to choose "whats that?" instead of yes/no or to say I've got over 650 dual given instead of just 'no' I don't have 750...etc.

Thanks for the assistance guys.

You can always try calling them.

If you live close to a military base with a flying club (I think) they hire civilians. Probably pay like a regular flying instructor gig though in that I don't think they're government jobs.

Latest resources

Back