Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

skyward80

Any C-130 ANG Air Crews:

I am currently a civilian pilot. I am looking into the ANG to possibly become a Navigator or Aircraft Loadmaster on the C-130 and eventually become a pilot on the C-130. I would like to ask any Air Crews (regardless of position on the flight deck) some questions about the ANG in general as well as specific questions about the aforementioned roles. Please PM me. Thanks.

Skyward80

With a navigator, do you enjoy eating? Can you occasionly throw in a "nav" response to a checklist, whether or not it's required, and the big one, can you get all of your equipment packed up and on the crew bus before the co-pilot finishes the "Engine Shutdown Checklist"...and with a loadmaster, do you get air sick easily? and can you fall asleep quickly once we start taxing? LOL just a little crew position humor there.......hey, you mention the guard, do you not have an interest in the reserves?

Cleared direct...

I think it's more recruiter crud to apply for another position and then apply for a pilot seat after you've had a year or so. They say you get a chance to get to know the right people on the assigned base. Although that isn't such a bad idea, the thinking there may be slightly flawed. Mainly due to the fact that it's not cost effective. All that money spent on your training and now they've gotta spend more to get you into a driver's seat. If it were me, I wouldn't do that. I would take another military pilot or someone off the street and put them in that seat. It keeps the training cost per person lower. But what do I know??

Skyward80

Latest resources

Back