bye-bye Horizon RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

M-crit

Heard a rumor that a committee has been formed to go to Scananavia and look at the grounded Q400s for sale. This is very coincidental with $100 oil and age 65.

Right. And we're going to paint those new 400's in local Community College colors. Whats Portland Community College's mascot again?

This rumour has been coming and going since the first RJ arrived at QX. Its another one of those "Ill believe it when i see it" ones.

Right. And we're going to paint those new 400's in local Community College colors. Whats Portland Community College's mascot again?

The new paint job on the RJs is inconsequential since its being done for free at Frontier's expense. Plus, a phase out of the RJs would not happen over night. They could fly the new paint job for 2 years or more if a fleet transition does in fact occur.

This rumour has been coming and going since the first RJ arrived at QX. Its another one of those "Ill believe it when i see it" ones.

That rumor started back when QX ordered the -700 in the first place. Bombardier had a HUGE hiccup in production back in 2001 and offered QX the option of switching all the jet orders to the 400.

The first 3 RJ's that QX received were actually built for American Eagle. They were delivered with blue carpet.

I miss the F28. :(

It's a safe bet that the grounded SAS planes will be flying in the states, either under Horizon, Colgan for CAL, or someone for Delta probably.

I wish Pissmont would for some kind of committee to go look at those planes. That would require some pro-active thinking and planning, both of which are strongly discouraged.

Latest resources

Back