• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

bye-bye Horizon RJs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flying with a captian last week. He said that we are going to be losing 5-10 of the RJs. We need some for the:
SEA-SBA
GEG-SAN
Those type of trips will not work for the Q400. Personally I can see us losing a 5 or so. There are a flew legs that can be switched to the 400. But again they break all the time and the RJs are quite reliable. Like ICE said, "I will believe it when I see it," but I would not be surprised. Time will tell.

Flying with a captian last week. He said that we are going to be losing 5-10 of the RJs. We need some for the:
SEA-SBA
GEG-SAN
Those type of trips will not work for the Q400. Personally I can see us losing a 5 or so. There are a flew legs that can be switched to the 400. But again they break all the time and the RJs are quite reliable. Like ICE said, "I will believe it when I see it," but I would not be surprised. Time will tell.

^Thats actually a more likely scenario. However, at some point it doesn't make sense to operate a certain fleet type if you get down to like 10 airplanes. They may as well contract out jet flying at that point.

With the merger talks, fuel prices, AS bean counters (saying we are to expensive) and the industry starting the down turn. I could see this happening even more.

The Union and Gene/Jeff are meeting on the 7th of Feb. Hopefully the union calls managements bluff and they work on a good contract.

I personally don't care if the RJs stay or go. I think that management is going to play hardball though and can see them putting out a RFP in order to really heat things up.

I personally don't care if the RJs stay or go. I think that management is going to play hardball though and can see them putting out a RFP in order to really heat things up.

What's to say that hasn't already been done?

With the merger talks, fuel prices, AS bean counters (saying we are to expensive) and the industry starting the down turn. I could see this happening even more.

Merger? Merger with who?

Fuel Prices? Of any regional, we have been at the forefront by buying more Q's. Reliability or not, they pay for themselves quicker than a CRJ.

AS bean counters? How about the Horizon bean counters?

Latest resources

Back