Bye Bye Candler, Hello Acey!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

NoPlaneNoGain

The word on the street is that the "Candler" call-sign will be history March 15, and we will go back to the "Acey" call-sign. Just finished a checkride and an IP also confirmed this. Good riddenance, I've never liked the "Candler" call-sign.

Finally! Now we can sound as cool as we look.

I'm gonna go splurge on some new Ray-Bans so I can be oh-so-Acey kewl!

I was gonna quit March 1st since they treat us like schit, are taking away our bennies, screwing us on the contract, closing SLC, cutting our pay, BUT...

now I have reason to stick around.

Now all I need is to make it into the "Four-One-Oh Club".............

Can't count the # of times Candler/Comair has tongue-tied controllers in ATL and CVG. If you're changed to 'acey,' that'll certainly take a load off them! At least there's no ACA (unfortunately) to get confused with when/if the change occurrs.

If I remember right it was back in 99, and it was due to an Air National Guard unit having the same/similar callsign. Apparently they had had it far longer than we did. That's what I heard anyway, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Got to one up the big dog cause he says so much. LOL. They decommissioned the unit that was the conflict a yr or so ago and we petittioned to get it back. Ya know how quickly the FAA works.

I thought it came from, "Deal Me An ASEA" but that would only make sense at another company.

Latest resources

Back