Buzzed EWR Tower 3 times yesterday

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

Flying the B-17 up and down the Hudson River the last two day giving rides out of TEB, three times when I checked in with EWR tower, they ask for a RW 29 low approach and tight left 180 by the tower, always glad to show off the airplane, sorry the the poistion and hold guys during the fly-by, but as one airline guy said thanks for the show.

Which -17 are you flying?

Cool, I figured that may be the one considering your location. I fly the B-24 for the Collings bunch from time to time. I missed our NYC stop by two days a few weeks ago because I just "had" to get home to tend to some things that now I wish I had blown off.

I haven't flown the B-17 at all. I have became really fond of the B-24 early on and am happy being on that side of the ramp. I may get the chance to fly the -17 here in a few weeks, though.

Good times! Enjoy.....

Cool, I figured that may be the one considering your location. I fly the B-24 for the Collings bunch from time to time. I missed our NYC stop by two days a few weeks ago because I just "had" to get home to tend to some things that now I wish I had blown off.

I haven't flown the B-17 at all. I have became really fond of the B-24 early on and am happy being on that side of the ramp. I may get the chance to fly the -17 here in a few weeks, though.

Good times! Enjoy.....
you are lucky, lots of B17's out there, but very few B24s, again it is one bird I would love to fly.

I was stuck in teb for 3 hours that day sittin on the atlantic ramp. I enjoyed watching you fly.

thats cool.

I had LAX tower ask me for a flyby in my Fokker DR1 last year....that was kinda cool.

Seeing a bright red triplane fly down 25R? priceless

Yip, I saw you on one of those days. I was coming from BOS going south along the Hudson at 3000. While making the left turn towards DIALS (for the expressway vis 31 at LGA) just south of the Lady I caught a glint off your B-17 making a turn around Governors Island and heading back north.

I believe it was on the 25th if I'm not mistaken. The day before I flew my last T-34 flight in the Willow Grove NFC as it was being closed at the end of Sept. ahead of the base closure in March 2011. Kind of sad, I joined the club in 1996 while in college and because of the low cost I was able to pay for my comm/cfi, start instructing and building time before I graduated college. Hard to see it go.

How did you guys get involved in warbird flying?
A warbird group just moved into my old companies hanger (Lancaster, Pa) a few month ago. With my new company, I have a lot of time on my hands. I'd like to get involved and though about volunteering to sweep the floors, wash the airplanes and do any thing else just to get my foot in the door.
jjet

Latest resources

Back