• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buying a Jet

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Outstanding post Capt_zman. You can rest assured though I would never ask you how much it costs to live from day to day.
The hourly breakdown would kill me..

See Ya..

It amazes me how people can look at a $500,000 jet and say, well I can probably afford the payments on that... just because they think maybe with 10% down and a 20 year loan (good luck!) that the payments would only be about $3500 a month....

There is so much to owning an airplane a lot of people don't even know about... Capt_ZMan had an EXCELLENT post..... BUT you must remember his numbers are 4 years old (as he stated) AND they are for a Citation II (which burns a whole lot less fuel than a Sabre 60) My guess is the Sabre 60 burns closer to 2,800 lbs the first hours and 2,000 lbs. the second hour... And the average price of fuel on the road is now closer to $2.80/gallon...

Owning a jet is VERY expensive... no doubt about it....

Fly Safe!

Z - Man

Good post, but I think your figures are still on the lean side. My business partner wants a Citation, I want a L39 to screw around with. We have been crunching numbers and the cost are simply staggering.

In response to the question about the 500/501 citations with the old JT-15's, the Williams Fan FJ-44 burns 800# per hour with an initial altitude of FL 410. Sierra Systems has a good website with all of the specs.

I flew the 500/501 and it won't go to FL 410, it says it can, but it can't. You'll be doing extermely well to get above 300.

Latest resources

Back