• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buy my own type

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why don't you just get a real job where your employer wouldn't have to say this to you to try to take your money or keep you around longer.

RedDogC130 said:
Check out Southwest application. They allow the logging of PIC if you are rated and flying the aircraft. Not per PART 1. UPS/FedEx use per PART 1.

If you contact the People Dept at SWA they will tell you they only accept PIC time if you are designated PIC. Contradictory to what the website says, but that's how they do it.

RockBass14 said:
Have a minimum of 1000 hours pilot in command (PIC) hours in fixed-
wing jet and/or fixed-wing multi-engine turboprop Pilot in Command, per FAR 1.1, means the person who:
  1. Has final authority and responsibility for the operation and safety of the flight;
  2. Has been designated as the pilot in command before or during the flight;
  3. Holds the appropriate category, class, and type rating, if appropriate, for the conduct of the flight

You seem to be reading this as the PIC must be either 1 or 2 or 3.

It is a virtual certainty that UPS means that the PIC must be: 1 *AND* 2 *and* 3.

You seem to be reading it as 1 or 2 or 3.

RedDogC130 said:
Check out Southwest application. They allow the logging of PIC if you are rated and flying the aircraft. Not per PART 1. UPS/FedEx use per PART 1.

well, not exactly ... or with some conditions. If you are rated in the aircraft, *and* you are sitting in the left seat, *and* you are the sole manipulator of the controls you can log PIC when you are not the actual PIC. Otherwise, no right seat logging for FOs

PINNACLE AIRLINES has petitioned the MEM FSDO to allow their
low time (GS) pilots to count the time they manipulate the controls as
PIC towards the ATP. I guess they otherwise don't have qualified pilots.

What is next there???????

Maybe they should have thought ahead a bit and diversified their workforce a bit more. Taking all those Gulfstream wonders was apparantly bad karma.

When I interviewed at FedEx, I was asked to turn to the page in my log book which showed my first PIC check. I had it marked with a post-it.

I did, and he compared this with my application which he had in my hand.

He was satisfied that everthing seemed to match up.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back