Businessweek: How Delta Climbed out of Bankruptcy

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
---------

Let me guess???? You love Dayton......good for you Mr. Simpleton. I like seeing the world, and enjoying it. (all on DL's dime) Hey look, your flight to Madison is waiting for you....

Bye Bye--General Lee

Nairobi and Atlanta should be sister cities

We will be flying to Nairobi via Dakar very soon.... I saw 48 hour layovers there too, which could give enough time for a nice short safari. (hey, it's better than Dayton)

Bye Bye--General Lee

Throughout the 1990s, Nairobi had struggled with rising crime, earning a reputation for being a dangerous city and the nickname "Nairobbery". In 2001, the United Nations International Civil Service Commission rated Nairobi as among the most insecure cities in the world, classifying the city as "status C". In the United Nations report, it was stated that in 2001, nearly one third of all Nairobi residents experienced some form of robbery in the city. [57]The head of one development agency cited the "notoriously high levels of violent armed robberies, burglaries and carjackings.[58] Crime had risen in Nairobi as a result of unplanned urbanisation, with a minimal number of police stations and a proper security infrastructure. However, many claim that the biggest factor for the city's alarming crime rate is police corruption, which leaves many criminals unpunished. As a security precaution, most large houses have a watch guard, burglar grills, and dogs to patrol their grounds during the night. Most though occur around the poor neighborhoods where it gets dangerous during night hours.
In 2006, crime decreased in the city[59], due to increased security and an improved police presence. Despite this, in 2007, the Kenyan government and U.S. State Department has announced that Nairobi is experiencing a greater level of violent crime than in previous years. [60] Since then, the government has taken measures to combat crime with heavy police presence in and around the city while U.S. government has updated its travel warning for the country.

Enjoy Nairobi on Delta's dime! What a wonderful place.

It's funny how I can see a screen name that pops up on a Delta thread and some of them I know exactly what kind of post they are gonna be. (crj567, 400adude, tankerclown, etc.)

It's funny how I can see a screen name that pops up on a Delta thread and some of them I know exactly what kind of post they are gonna be. (crj567, 400adude, tankerclown, etc.)

The ignore function is a wonderful "tool for tools!"

For those outside looking in, for every Nairiobi or Lagos layover at Delta on the ER there are twenty or thirty "more traditonal" layovers, such as: Amsterdam, Paris, London, Moscow, Athens, Rio, Buenos Aires, Tel Aviv, Cairo, Amman (both go very senior), Istanbul, Budapest (where live the most beautiful women on the world after Moscow -- wait make that Kiev, wait make that Prague,) Dublin, Manchester, Pisa, Nice, Lyons, Berlin, Capetown, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart, Copenhagen, Barcelona, Madrid, Malaga, Honolulu, Milan and Venice. Some 24hr. Some 48hr. A few 72hr.

Or you could enjoy 10 hrs in Dayton at the Holiday Inn in an RJ.

Whatever floats your boat.

Having done both, I'll take the former.

Same can be said for (Gen Lee, ACL65, Peaknuckle, Scope, etc.....)

The sky is the limit guys! I have changed my mind!!! You will all be rich and you will rule the world from your cool "sub commander" uniforms.
-Your new contract will rock:
Free hookers (even same-sex, General) at all layovers!
Paid in gold Bullion!
Free Goatee maintenance for all flight crew-courtesy Steenland's groomer!
Free alarm clocks that have "windcheck" in place of a ringtone!
Free "Song" sunshades for every employee car!

*And the turning point is Africa! The undiscovered financial capitol of the universe! I can't believe the place has been overlooked so long!!
-AWESOME TIMES!
-The "Synergies" will be better than any B.J.!

Same can be said for (Gen Lee, ACL65, Peaknuckle, Scope, etc.....)

The sky is the limit guys! I have changed my mind!!! You will all be rich and you will rule the world from your cool "sub commander" uniforms.
-Your new contract will rock:
Free hookers (even same-sex, General) at all layovers!
Paid in gold Bullion!
Free Goatee maintenance for all flight crew-courtesy Steenland's groomer!
Free alarm clocks that have "windcheck" in place of a ringtone!
Free "Song" sunshades for every employee car!

*And the turning point is Africa! The undiscovered financial capitol of the universe! I can't believe the place has been overlooked so long!!
-AWESOME TIMES!
-The "Synergies" will be better than any B.J.!

Fantastic! Hey, please enjoy Bloomington layovers while you are at it!

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back