Business Acft--Start-up Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Sundowner

A friend of mine heads up a non-profit relief organization (ministry). They are expanding it into a catastrophe-relief operation, and see a need for an aircraft to support future operations. The aircraft would not be used on a for-hire basis, but rather strictly to support relief ops. He has asked me to help him acquire the aircraft and set up a mini flight department (that could possibly grow into something larger later). I have a lot of research to do since my focus heretofore has been on piloting.

Can anyone suggest some sources of information on all the bases that need to be touched in order for both the aircraft and the operation to be properly licensed and legal with the FAA and other entities? I'm hoping there's a condensed source or "checklist" out there somewhere on how to accomplish all this.

Thanks!

start up

Sundowner,

Check out the NBAA website. Nbaa.com I think. They have some good information including tax help. There are some aviation attorney’s out there as well. Send me a PM if you want the name of one. Where are they looking to set this up at and what kind of A/C are you looking at?

A-4’s and T-37/38’s is an odd combination.

Hog

Latest resources

Back