• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Burning off fuel

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
[I learned in limitations maybe day one or two in school bout brake energy..maybe beechjet doesnt have that problem/QUOTE]

You guys who come here and spout off about what everbody else is doing wrong. Then make elementary comments like this to show everyone how smart you is getting old. One day you may make a mistake, i'm sure you wouldn't want a FI dork posting what he thinks happened. Bottom line is you could have asked the very same question without giving away details. But posting tails numbers and locations really shows your class.

I've never heard of anyone trying to burn off fuel by doing high speed taxis. The best way is to set the brake, bring the power up, including the APU if available, and leave it there.

If airborne, go to 10,000 and set the power as high as possible.

I don't think that brake burns normally take five runs either.

A thread on FI about an incident is not that big a blow to confidentiality. Not many read this except pilots. I would think the actual plane on the actual runway shutting down the actual airport where there are actual people with cameras would be worse.

At least here the guys who fly the things can get a lesson learned from it all.

So...what is this brake burn off thing and hows it relate to carbon and steel brakes?

So...what is this brake burn off thing and hows it relate to carbon and steel brakes?

I am no mechanic but have done several brake burns for mx in 500 series Citations, King Air's and light singles. Newly installed steel brakes require a burn in to remove a coating and fit the pad and disk, so I hear. Mx has a checklist for the flightcrew and it dictates how many high speed taxi/brake applications are required. New carbon-fiber brakes do not require this procedure but I do not know the specifics of why.

it only relates to someone coming on here and trying start another flame thread. Obviously someone who got the rejection letter from netjets. sad, really sad.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aircraft with carbon-fiber brakes do not require brake burns therefore the X doesn't require them but a Beechjet or any jet with steel brakes would.

I think he was talking about the high speed taxi the X is well known for.

Burn in's on the Citation 500's and II's require 3 accelerations and stops from a specific speed based on the part number of the pads. I usually do all three accel and stops on one pass down the runway. Takes about 3 minutes to do it all.

it only relates to someone coming on here and trying start another flame thread. Obviously someone who got the rejection letter from netjets. sad, really sad.

WOW, you like calling out guys who you think didn't get the job at Netjets...

CLASSY!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back