Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Building multi engine time, need advice!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

buckdanny

Hi,

I'm getting to the point where I don't know how much longer it will take to get that hard to get ME. I got my MEI last September, and am still waiting for my first ME student. I have some that will eventually do, but it will give me 30 hours or so between now and June (I'm at 73 now).

I have sent my resume to 135 freight companies, with no success yet. My wife thinks I should consider to just get into a time building rental place like Ari-ben and take it as a good investment. My argument is that employers don't necessarily like pilots who paid for their ME time! I really need advice because I don't see the end of this. Am I going to jeopardize my chances to get a job when they see in my logbook that I got myself a 100 hours block of ME time? How many of you did that and are getting jobs? Do other pilots see buying ME block time the same as those first officer programs (which I will NOT do)?

Thanks for any advice on that subject. I am sure that I am not the only one in that situation and would appreciate any input from others who were in that situation.

Buckdanny

??

Has anyone done that 100hr time building? I was thinking about it but I heard that if you get 2 MEI's you cant split the total cost..its $6000 each..

Dude, you stole my avatar. Is that kosher? I don't know much about internet etiquette so don't know if I should be flattered or offended.

Latest resources

Back