• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Buffett picks successor, maybe.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That sucks......I sent him a resume and never got called. I would be a kick ass successor. Trust me! ;)

The contenders: Four who could take over Buffett's mantle

Ajit Jain
When Ajit came to Berkshire in 1996, Mr Buffett wrote: "I did the logical thing: I wrote to his parents in New Delhi and asked if they had another one like him at home."
Mr Jain runs Berkshire's reinsurance arm, one of the world's biggest insurers of insurance companies, with a team of just 31 people.

Richard Santulli
NetJets is one of Mr Buffett's favourite firms, offering fractional ownership of private jets to not-quite-super-rich Americans. Mr Santulli invented the concept, founded the company and still runs it under the Berkshire umbrella, after selling out to his most famous customer.

David Sokol
The 52-year-old David Sokol is one of the most feted corporate bosses in the US, having been chief executive and now chairman of the energy firm MidAmerican since 1989, turning it into one of the most powerful in the land. His charity work mentoring students endears him to Mr Buffett.

Tony Nicely
Chief executive of Geico, Berkshire's insurance arm, Olza "Tony" Nicely is bookies' favourite to take over as chief executive of the parent. He is loyal to Geico to the point of obsession, and has a youthful ambition despite his 64 years. Mr Buffett notes that "Tony feels Geico is just getting started".

My take on that

1- If Santulli is chosen to run Berkshire, that'd kind of secure our future...

2- If Santulli is chosen, can anybody else run NetJets as well as he can???? I think we need him here

3- Anybody else worried about what would happen to us when Mr. Buffet goes or is it just me??

3- Anybody else worried about what would happen to us when Mr. Buffet goes or is it just me??
Mr. buffett has made his whole career on picking winners. Besides RTS would not let anything happen to his baby. Relax...

I'm a big fan of Buffett too but I think you need to check Buffett's history. He has made some really bad decisions also. He is the first to admit it. Let's just hope he get this pick correct.

I live on OMA, from what I've heard around town is it's Sokol's to lose. He's an Omaha guy, very involved in the Omaha area, runs one of Buffets more successful companies (mid-America), and has been in the loop for 20 years.

I'm a big fan of Buffett too but I think you need to check Buffett's history. He has made some really bad decisions also. He is the first to admit it. Let's just hope he get this pick correct.

Everyone who has been in business for any amount of time has made some bad decision. Even RTS himself,I am sure, has made some bad ones. As long as you learn from the bad decisions you still grow.

It happens...no one is right all the time.

I had no intention to mean that Uncle Warren has been right 100% of the time. However, the most successful investor of all time means he's got a pretty good average.:)

I am sure he will pick a peach.

Latest resources

Back