• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Broken Bones

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How about having a navy doctor pull three wisdom teeth out with what seemed like a pair of pliers. Some local anesthetic was used, and a small prescription of tylenol III's were given.

FN FAL,

I too had the wisdom tooth issue but at an A.F. base.

Went in with 2 absessed wisdom teeth. 1Lt looked like he knew what he was doing, AT FIRST!

First tooth came out OK, then second one started to hurt like hell.

Every time he would go to drilling, I could feel this horribly sharp pain go from my tooth to my jaw and then down my spine.

I was on a local anesthetic AND nitrousoxide(sp?), up until that point.

After hearing my screams, well, more like in a muffled tone, "I can feel it!! Stop!!" Then a bunch of curse words when he wouldn't stop.

A Colonel was walking by and heard my yells. When he came into the room he told the 1Lt to stop. When he did stop, the Colonel looked at the nitrous and oxygen bottles valve and saw the nitrous bottle was empty. Meaning any nitrous I did have was now depleted by pure oxygen. The Colonel chewed his a$$ and asked for a new bottle.

After 5 minutes passed the Colonel had the tooth out and I didn't even know it.

I was then sent home with some percocet and MOTRIN.

I went back to work 2 days later and hurt like hell. I don't think I was much help though, the percocet was still in full swing. That is one dang good drug.

TXpilot

I slipped off the middle stair in a flight of about six (ice) and heard a pop. I gathered myself at the bottom of the stairs and tried to get up. Nothing on the left side, it was like I was a few inches shorter than befroe I slipped. I looked down because the pain was rapidly getting worse and the bottom of my shoe was staring up at me. I destroyed my left ankle. The break was nasty. What made it worse was when I had surgery on it two days later (extreme swelling) the Dr. used too long of a screw and went into my Achilles tendon a touch, tearing part of it. He came clean about it though, relaying his goof. I still have serious problems with the tendon and my ankle hurts with any barometer swings.

I also got ran over with a car, knocked out of a Jeep doin' 30 on a paved road (fractured hip). The list goes on. My wife has a drawer full of ortho hardware in the basement. More balls than brains when I was a kid.

A while ago, but the most painful for me. I was in high school and was running from a guy that wanted to beat the sh*t out of me during lunch (I told the bully what I thought of him, and he didn't like it too much). Finally made it to a point where my friends could help me out, but I slipped on something and my foot landed at not such a nice angle. Hurt like h*ll.

So I had to limp my way to the nurses office, she didn't believe me at all, but I insisted and had her call my parents, and they said I could leave. But the nurse didn't believe me and wouldn't give me any Advil or anything, so I had to limp my way to my car, my foot feeling like it wanted to be cut off. Drive home (my at the time was a stick), call a doctor schedule an appointment for that day.

Turns out that a bone in a foot was broken. Was in a cast for several weeks, couldn't drive :( had to get rides.

Disregard this reply...

Last edited:
ShawnC said:
Maybe. But doubtful he's a few years older than I am (according to the CFI age thread).

Why don't you add me to your ignore list, it will make things easier for both of us.

I was going to add a reply to the post above but I edited it out because it was actually meant for someone else. I do apologize.

ShawnC said:
Is there anything I can help you with fly?

I edited out the above reply because my reply was meant for someone else. I apologize, I should have edited the entire post including your quote. It was an honest mistake.

Latest resources

Back