Brokeback Mountain Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
FN FAL said:
I'm glad you cleared that up by self-certifying your dis-orientation for us. You did have me wondering there for a second, with the "troy" screen name and the archery based avatar, I was thinking there was some sort of "Gladiator" theme in play.

Ouch!

Kinda like my wife giving me crap (she knows how to dish it out as well as any other guy). She always says that the wanted to see Brad Pitt "in" Troy

(ouch again)!

pacsky72 said:
....and there CERTAINLY aren't any gay pilots....uh huh.
Freakin' middleages still in this country sometimes! Get outside your borders a bit, see the world. You have no idea. Oh and while your at it, keep your bigotted thoughts to yourself in the cockpit or folks like me will have something to say.

Sounds like somebody got a little offended with the gay jokes.

troy said:
Ouch!

Kinda like my wife giving me crap (she knows how to dish it out as well as any other guy). She always says that the wanted to see Brad Pitt "in" Troy

(ouch again)!
Just joshing you dude....

Don't worry, your ignorance is not limited to small towns. Houston would not play the movie at all. Just a couple theaters in the whole city. 4th largest city in the U.S. Ha! But it was a good excuse to give my girlfriend...

Dave Benjamin said:
I have to wonder how some attractive women feel getting hit on by men that they aren't interested in? I've heard some horror stories from FA's about obnoxious pilots. Should those FA's be angry? If a gay man "hit on me" I'd simply say, "sorry buddy, I'm a married straight guy." That would pretty much be it. Angry? Nope. What's there to get angry about? Should I be angry because someone has a different sexual orientation? I could care less.

Good point, but have you ever, while minding your own business taking a dump, been told by a stranger in a bathroom that "I'm ready to suck"? I have. It's not an enjoyable experience.

Whether a person is straight or not, there is an accepted protocol involved in meeting and talking to the person you're interested in.

Crossky said:
Good point, but have you ever, while minding your own business taking a dump, been told by a stranger in a bathroom that "I'm ready to suck"? I have. It's not an enjoyable experience.

Whether a person is straight or not, there is an accepted protocol involved in meeting and talking to the person you're interested in.

If you were in a stall with the door closed are you sure he was talking to you? I have to admit that's a pretty bizarre scenario. The point I was making in a roundabout fashion that sometimes straight guys can be pretty obnoxious hitting on some woman that has no interest. I've heard some interesting tales from some of our attractive F/A's. Can you imagine if a woman consistently responded to an unwelcome advance with violence?

I fully agree that there is an accepted protocol for meeting and talking to people. It's called respect. Regardless of sexual orientation people need to have respect for others. In your example that person was out of line and lacked respect for you and himself for that matter. A straight guy making a similar proposition to a disinterested woman is just as bad as the guy you encountered in a restroom. Where were you anyway? I remember reading in our local paper that some similar activities were taking places in a highway rest stop not too far from our airport.

Crossky said:

Hahahahaha...yea, the guy should have bought you pizza before popping that kind of a question.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back