Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Traderd

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/473...horror-landing

A British Airways Steward was found dead on a beach weeks after a horror landing that left a plane's entire cabin crew signed off sick and unable to fly.

It had been flown by a senior BA manager who may have made an error as she came in to land, injuring all eight cabin crew.

The landing had been ?unlike anything I?ve ever experienced in decades of flying?, a witness said.

The witness added: ?As the plane approached the runway, there was suddenly a huge roar"And then for what seemed like a few seconds, there was a sensation as if we were no longer flying. "It went all quiet. ?And then it dropped vertically with a real thud. "It was awful.?

The witness said the female pilot apologised for the unusual landing and blamed the wind.

Days after the flight, Andrew returned home. He had reported neck injuries and in text messages to friends he is said to have expressed anger at BA bosses. A friend said: "He was really fearful. He didn't think BA would believe his story. He worried they would sack him. What happened at Madrid definitely affected him."

Blamed it on the wind. Classy.

That's all I have to say about that.

Now to be fair the article said the wind was 5 to 7 kts. That is a handful for anyone. My personal limit is 5 knots.

No mention of autopsy to determine actual cause of death ?

I broke wind once on short final musta been a loss of 10-15....

Usually the case Spaz....(sigh)

So, the automated snitch shows nothing, but one unidentified passenger says the capt blamed it on the wind...

Who to believe, who to believe...:rolleyes:

"Linked" to horror landing?........

YGBFSM.

This reminds me of another British tabloid years ago blaming the pilot for a gear collapse at London City airport, they stated to the effect the pilot was performing poorly and unable to maintain proper final approach speed. The airspeed was off target by 2-3 knots all the way down, in gusts to 35knots.

Latest resources

Back