Bring calculator to the FOI?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cookmg

I've taken a couple of practice tests online and a few aeronautical knowledge questions have slipped in to the FOI. For example, questions on weather charts, airspace, etc.

I assume this is only by mistake of the web site. However, I may be wrong. Only questions labled FOI should show up on the test right?

Thanks.

Mike

Its been a few years since my FOI written, but there should not be any questions other than FOI on that test.

Dont worry too much though. The FOI is probably the easiest written you will ever take. After studying the Gleim book A few times I accidentally memorized most of the questions so the actually test was uneventfull and quite boring.

Good luck!

Skeezer

Tell me about it.

I assume it's the same now as it was when I took it (six years ago), so there are only 200 possible questions and you get 50 of them on the test.

Memorization is the name of the game, just like on any FAA test. You know 90% of the material and memorize the answers to the 10% that you don't. Easy. :)

There aren't any questions that require a calculator for the FOI

To my knowledge there should be NO other questions than related FOI material.....In fact to my memory there is very few aviation questions, more on theories of learning FOI type stuff.

FOI written

It's been twenty years since I took the FOI written, and I don't recall any non-FOI questions on the test. I had students and knew of others who took that written later, and they did not encounter any non-FOI questions.

Along with memorizing the ASA or Gleim, or whatever study aid you use, why don't you also try reading the FOI (Aviation Instructor's Handbook)? There's quite a bit of knowledge to be gained from that book that will actually help you as a flight instructor.

Just a little friendly suggestion. Good luck with your written(s).

Re: FOI written

bobbysamd said:
It's been twenty years since I took the FOI written, and I don't recall any non-FOI questions on the test

a lot of people can't recall twenty years back
but there are some FOI Qs in the CFI written

Latest resources

Back