Brickyard

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ASH said:
....or gave 1/2 of them jobs......hmmm.....
Bet you a cup of coffee MDA guys aren't saying that.

"Brickyard"="Replacements"

Stuka Luva said:
Bet you a cup of coffee MDA guys aren't saying that.

"Brickyard"="Replacements"

HEY! Is that a used car your driving? How dare you replace the old driver! He should have had the right to come with the car when sold ...AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO HAVE HIM!

All seriousness, their is J4J in place, and even that did not need to happen. We are not talking about the human side of this, i.e. people losing jobs. We are talking legalese. RP is not replacements...unless you've got that previous car owner taggin' along with you of course..

ASH said:
HEY! Is that a used car your driving? How dare you replace the old driver! He should have had the right to come with the car when sold ...AND YOU SHOULD EXPECT TO HAVE HIM!

All seriousness, their is J4J in place, and even that did not need to happen. We are not talking about the human side of this, i.e. people losing jobs. We are talking legalese. RP is not replacements...unless you've got that previous car owner taggin' along with you of course..

HEY! are they the same exact aircraft we were flying on the exact same routes.

ASH said:

Someone open a toolbox while I wasn't looking?

Captain Overs said:
Unless it's a new flying VOR painted in US Airways colors...then no, that's not what I heard. I saw it taking off with my own eyes.

Thanks anyway.

It is Republic Airlines. Or like someone else said, Chautublic.
1 of the 3 airlines owned by Republic Holdings. (Chautauqua if it rings a bell)

nyboilermaker said:
It's the callsign for Repubic Airlines. The CHQ 170 operation that sent 1/2 of the USAir 170 guys to the street.

Nice.

Every MDA pilot is offered a job at Republic...despite the jumpseat denials our pilots have experienced from them. It's too bad the MDA pilots have elected to take out their frustrations on the CHQ pilot group, who were willing to welcome them.

So welcome aboard...or kindly STFU.

Happy Thanksgiving

Last edited:
StarChecker said:
Every MDA pilot is offered a job at Republic...despite the jumpseat denials our pilots have experienced from them. It's too bad the MDA pilots have elected to take out their frustrations on the CHQ pilot group, who were willing to welcome them.
Yes, how dare they be upset?! A 15 year USAir pilot is furloughed and subsequently gets a job at MDA, only to be forced to lose his USAir seniority to go take a job at a bottom-feeder regional. How can he not be thankful? Why is he not getting down on his knees and thanking the 1000 hour CHQ pilots he's now flying with who think he is "lucky to have a job" while they salivate at the thought of more and bigger airplanes? [/sarcasm]:rolleyes:

PCL_128 said:
Yes, how dare they be upset?! A 15 year USAir pilot is furloughed and subsequently gets a job at MDA, only to be forced to lose his USAir seniority to go take a job at a bottom-feeder regional. How can he not be thankful? Why is he not getting down on his knees and thanking the 1000 hour CHQ pilots he's now flying with who think he is "lucky to have a job" while they salivate at the thought of more and bigger airplanes? [/sarcasm]:rolleyes:
No one at CHQ thinks an MDA guy is lucky to have a job. Our MEC offered for ALL MDA pilots to come with their original airplanes and then backfill the 50 percent CHQ pilots into growth aircraft. Unfortunately the ALPA reps at those negotiations told us to pound sand, and most MDA pilots feel they were grossly mis-represented by their ALPA reps. PCL I usually stay off the bash-you bandwagon, but you're pretty f-ing hypocritical to be bashing any other airline or career path for bottom feeding. In addition you are grossly mis-informed. Your ALPA chest-pounding the last couple years sounds like a reformed prostitue preaching celibacy. Kindly STFU on this subject, and have a blessed Thanksgiving.

PCL_128 said:

LOL, you PFT'd and you work at Pinacle.

Latest resources

Back