Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a second career. Even with one retirement coming in you won't belive how many people will go take another full time job beacause, "The don't want to be bored,".

Or Midwest retread. Had one on the j/s that said the most senior guy at Midwest ended up behind a republic guy who was born 19 days before the Midwest guy was hired.

Pretty poor integration there screwed a lot of guys.

Methinks you take yourself WAY too seriously. I suspect you've never dealt with situations in which humor takes the edge off otherwise horrific circumstances.

Do you laugh at the newspaper or TV when you see an accident with a person who is covered in blood and near death? I can't comprehend such immature behaivor. What is the difference here? NONE.

Being in a horrific near death situation and laughing is one thing, laughing about some one you read about who could of died is different.

I do not think any of this is funny.

"Methinks" you need to take this more seriously.

I know this is FI, but I think you just have to draw the line sometimes.

IMHO laughing at other peoples misery is sick.

Do you laugh at the newspaper or TV when you see an accident with a person who is covered in blood and near death? I can't comprehend such immature behaivor. What is the difference here? NONE.

Being in a horrific near death situation and laughing is one thing, laughing about some one you read about who could of died is different.

You just don't get it. I had drafted whole dissertation about humor but realized it's like trying to explain sex to a 6 year old. Suffice it to say you get it or you don't and I thought the joke was funny and perfectly appropriate. If it was me that the incident had happened to, or a family member, I wouldn't feel any different. But then again I find Gilbert Gottfried hilarious. I suppose you wouldn't.

If you've never seen it, you should look up the show he did at the Hugh Heffner roast just after 9/11. Pure genius.

The F/O seized twice during the ordeal. Captain was a SIM CKA and quite senior. Nice job!!

He sounded busy for sure- and a bit anxious like we all would- like holy f*** this is happening- he tried not to say it was a pilot over the air- but ATC pressed him- and of course kept him at 10,000 for too long into Indy-
But yes- nice job- and very very glad the FO regained consciousness. I hope he regains good health soon and as much flying status as he wants.

And as for the age deal- people who haven't done the enormous regional gig since 9/11 and the BK abuse crazy outsourcing don't understand the diversity of experience that can end up in the flight deck of an RJ- from 1000 hour wonders both excellent and crappy, to retired DAL Int'l captains who got bored, to military retirees of all ages- and don't get started on all the furloughees from everywhere...RJ captains see it all and really can't assume anything.
Keep up the

You just don't get it. I had drafted whole dissertation about humor but realized it's like trying to explain sex to a 6 year old. Suffice it to say you get it or you don't and I thought the joke was funny and perfectly appropriate. If it was me that the incident had happened to, or a family member, I wouldn't feel any different. But then again I find Gilbert Gottfried hilarious. I suppose you wouldn't.

If you've never seen it, you should look up the show he did at the Hugh Heffner roast just after 9/11. Pure genius.

Now what is funny here is I am trying to explain Humanity, Compassion, and Empathy to a six year old. Humor is as personal as anything gets. But as an adult we are suppose to tolorate a 6 year old's humor, not understand it or agree with it. The OP was about a pilot who may have at most died and at least lost his way to make a living. I do not think that is funny at all.

Gilbert Gottfried? Now that explains everything. I'm glad you enjoy his humor. Not to my taste.

Back to the OP. I hope the FO gets healthy and back to flying soon. I will keep him in my thoughts. That is all I have to say. JAFI out.

Or Midwest retread. Had one on the j/s that said the most senior guy at Midwest ended up behind a republic guy who was born 19 days before the Midwest guy was hired.

Pretty poor integration there screwed a lot of guys.

And please tell me an airline that didn't screw a lot of guys with a merger of list..........

Worked out well for the TWA guys!

Firefighters and EMT's routinely laugh at such awful scenes that you described. I know because I'm both. It's either laugh or cry, and I'm not gonna cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back