Brian Shul Books

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

philcam

Sled Driver, over $400 new? Blue Angels and Untouchables, $75.00? Why are Brian Shul's books so expensive!? Are they THAT good?

Yes, they are pretty good. And he's a very interesting guy as well. Met him while going through fighter lead in many, many moons ago. He lived through a crash and (more importantly) the massive burns he suffered--the man has my respect.

Plus he's a great photographer! I must admit that $400 is a bit steep, however.

I have both of them, bought them years ago when they first came out from Mach One Inc. who I think is the company who published them first. They are definetly worth the money just for the photography alone, but the text is a good read as well. The $400 version of Sled Driver is if I remember right an "enhanced" version printed on heavier paperstock, and it's also a bigger book in size giving the pictures a lot more depth. I almost shelled out the 400 bucks last year at the CLE airshow, but a quick reality check of my at the time CFI wages kept me from picking it up. Now that I'm making the big bucks as a new hire ERJ FO I might buy the "enhanced" version, if that happens I'll gladly sell my old one to someone who can appreciate it.

Yes, the books are that good. I have his two SR71 books........if you can find copies of them they're well worth it.

Latest resources

Back