• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News - Wright Amendment Repealed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guess all the other airlines will now be offered gates at Love, I mean the goverment is not acting anti competetive here now is it?

No, unless you call giving a couple airlines their own private airfield anti-competitive.

Last edited:
Congrats to the winners

Strong showing by the elected officials from TX. We will find out in coming months and years whether this is a strong bill or not. The Legend Group will probably have to be bought out eventually if a judge doesn't rule that their lawsuits are frivolous. Then you have to deal with the various consumer groups from around the country that may try to participate in class action suits to have all portions of the compromise tossed. Here are some statements from the various participants and their thoughts on the future:

:pimp:
Mayor Laura Miller acknowledged that the lawsuits filed by Love Terminal Partners, the owners of the former Legend Airlines terminal slated to be demolished under the Wright agreement, will continue to be a thorn in her side.

But Dallas will not wait for a court ruling, she said, as the Wright agreement directs the city to proceed immediately.

Love Terminal Partners' "tactic is to keep the pressure up, because they see we have a great chance of being successful," Ms. Miller said. "In the court of law, I sure hope a judge would say...[they] have frivolously filed this lawsuit."

Bill Brewer, a Dallas lawyer representing Love Terminal Partners, said a lawsuit he filed Thursday – his third pending suit regarding Wright – seeks to void the city's involvement in the agreement.

He also said changes that were achieved by the judiciary committee leaders "saved the right of consumers and others who are affected by this to go to court."

The legislation does not specify which gates must be demolished, Mr. Brewer noted, potentially protecting the Legend building.

Debate over language in the bill exempting it from antitrust laws delayed the legislation. Ultimately, the exemption was stripped out of the bill and replaced by language making clear that Dallas will "reduce the number of gates," ostensibly giving the local parties cover from antitrust lawsuits because they would be acting under congressional direction.

Darren Bush, an antitrust professor at the University of Houston, said he doesn't think the legislation is airtight against lawsuits and an injunction.

"It certainly is subject to court challenges and therefore certainly could be subject to injunctions," he said. "I think a case could be made for irreparable harm in light of the impending destruction of the [Legend] terminal."

Last edited:
I guess all the other airlines will now be offered gates at Love, I mean the goverment is not acting anti competetive here now is it?

I don't think DAL will have a sign out that indicates that they are offering anything...but if an airline wants to fly here and there is room...they are more than welcome...if there is not room....they'll have to wait for an opening or work out an arrangement with one of the carriers already there....($$$)...as has been done at other airports in the past.

Tejas

I don't think DAL will have a sign out that indicates that they are offering anything...but if an airline wants to fly here and there is room...they are more than welcome...if there is not room....they'll have to wait for an opening or work out an arrangement with one of the carriers already there....($$$)...as has been done at other airports in the past.

Tejas

B.S. In this instance they're tearing down gates to make sure there isn't any room for anyone else.

They can fly at DFW.....not sure, but I think they've been saying they have lots o' room over there...

um, I was talking about "all the other airlines."
Nobody wanted to operate out of Love a few years ago...now that seems to change

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back