• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking News: Small plane crash in Ft. Lauderdale

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It was CokeAir, heading down to Medellin to pick up a load. Those guys have to fly low to stay under the radar.

IMO this aircraft was kept in poor condition, i used to see it over at the North side of FLL , should of been scraped along time ago

I saw the a/c take off today. It rotated at about the normal spot, but then it started smoking from the left engine. Seems like they never got far out of ground effect, and they dissapeared from view behind some buildings. A few moments later I saw a huge cloud of smoke.

From what the news said, they had to fly 'around' a hospital, then tried to put it down on a street in a residential neighborhood. Somehow they didn't hit any houses, and they still made it out fine.

I am sure glad the crew made it fine, but its said to see a rare Super DC-3 end up a pile of rubble.

Oh yeah, they were operating under the name "Air Pony Express", and were based here at FXE.

I got a phone call from my son last night. He saw it happen. He watched as it went down and go behind some buildings, then he heard the crash and saw the smoke as it burned. It happened across the street from where he lived when he first moved to FLL. Those are 3 very lucky dudes.

'Sled

I just saw a the pilot being interviewed on fox. Lucky guy, sounds like he has survived a previous crash too in a ch-47, shot down..

I saw those DC-9 out of Palm Beach (a lot) and Ft. Lauderdale every now and then

Charter I believe

Saw them in the bahamas too

Gotta love how the MSNBC article refers to it as a "half-century old" plane. Makes it sound like an antique relic or something.

wxman13 said:
Gotta love how the MSNBC article refers to it as a "half-century old" plane. Makes it sound like an antique relic or something.
Look at the bright side, it's probably legal to own in C&R states.

Plane was bown for Marsh Harbour Bahamas (ahh I miss that place) supposedly taking 3,200 lbs of granitelocal south florida news report

Great piloting skills BTW

Latest resources

Back