• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Breaking: Midwest 717 with a gear problem over BOS

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sparks from the wheel well? What the heck could that be? Wheels and tires look fine. Maybe a gear door got jammed somewhere.

Massport are not the smartest bunch - 2 years of putting up with that Northeast trash convinced me (BOS based).

"Pat on the Back" to the crew. This proves that we as pilots earn our low pay every day.

AZT

Mary Schiavo needs to STFU. The DC-9 series gear doors rub on the pavement after a manual extension. Also, the MSNBC dumbass, Tom Costello, just commented that the cold weather would factor into the Captain's decision to evacuate.

I'm going to drive an ice pick in my ears now.

Rough67,

Thanks for the link, you da man!

701EV

AZ Typed said:
Massport are not the smartest bunch - 2 years of putting up with that Northeast trash convinced me (BOS based).

"Pat on the Back" to the crew. This proves that we as pilots earn our low pay every day.

AZT

you got that right.

Crew did well. They'll be pounding the beverages in a few.

Now they're using the "T" word, tarmac. I hate that word. I've never had any reason to say it. Just wait tilthe news idiots figure out the latest aviation cool phrase "flight deck". As in "ah folks, from up front here in the flight deck".

Last edited:
Good Job - Midwest!! These news channels were driving me crazy also.. That Mary Beeeeouch... was saying the Crew would be poping the slides since there was sparks by the landing gear and the Captain has a spark indicator in the cockpit.

SWA/FO said:
Good Job - Midwest!! These news channels were driving me crazy also.. That Mary Beeeeouch... was saying the Crew would be poping the slides since there was sparks by the landing gear and the Captain has a spark indicator in the cockpit.

Damm I have been flying faulty aircraft all my life... I want one of those spark indicators in the cockpit

At least CNN has Jim Tilmon on. Chicago weatherman that used to fly for AA. Nice to hear him tell it how it is and not give these journalist clowns (i.e Anderson Cooper, etc.) a chance to spew crap to the public who know no better.

Latest resources

Back