Break out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
avbug said:
Who cares? Some folks seem to get so beat up about media stories concerning someone else.

Avbug, you worry me. Do you mean that you don't care about why other airplanes (and students) crash? Aren't you interested in knowing WHY planes crash, so you can learn from it and be more aware the next time you fly? Studying other's mistakes, causes, incidents, etc... contributes to building your own experience. As a matter of fact, every aviation safety classes I took analyzed accidents. I don't care about how the media tells the story, they always embelish anyway. What I do care about is the facts, and reading from the media first will prompt me to go look for it on the NTSB website later if I find the case interesting enough for my own learning. Remember that pretty much every regs in your FAR/AIM were created because "someone else" died before...

If you meant to say something else, then I'm sorry about the misunderstanding and I would appreciate it if you could elaborate.

Buck

No, Buck, that's not what I said (or meant). Certain here feel it their mission in life to find every aircraft accident, incident, or report of scratched paint, and post it. Several threads have spun off on tangents regarding how maligned the aviation community is by those in the media who misrepresent in any way fly, aviation, etc. Some seem to take it very personally.

Who cares weather a private pilot is misidentified by a news blurb as a student pilot, or a private pilot? Who cares if a first officer is lauded for landing the airplane after the captain is incapacitated...who cares weather the public fully understands the role of the F/O, or not? And so on.

Studying other's mistakes won't necessarily build experience, but it may contribute to your understanding, when compared to your own experience.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back