Brazil based United Pilots?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

BrazPilot

I have a very good friend flying down in Brazil (TAM Captain) and also a cousin (TAM F/O). Both called me yesterday saying that they saw an article posted at their Flight Ops board stating that a United Airlines top official in Brazil said that they are looking to hire 100 Brazilian/South American pilots to be based in São Paulo to fly international trips. Sort of the same deal with Flight Attendants at some airlines.
The article is from the "O Estado de São Paulo", the largest and most credible newspaper in Brazil.
I told them that that can't be true and I totally despise the idea.
United and UAL Alpa guys/gals, please inquire and tell me this is not true. All we need now is the outsourcing of our jobs to begin.

Peace!

AA has had this deal for decades with the F/As. The South American based F/As are, per INS regulations, only permitted to fly flights from their city to that flight's first U.S. destination. Say, Belize to Miami. Once in MIA, all they can do is turn around and go back, they can not work a flight from MIA to DFW or anywhere else in the U.S.

Not that I agree with this, as I'd much rather see U.S. based AA F/As on the APFA senority list working those flights, but at least they can't fly domestic legs.

Not that I agree with this, as I'd much rather see U.S. based AA F/As on the APFA senority list working those flights, but at least they can't fly domestic legs.

The only thing I have to say about your comment is, the latin girls are HOT, they always look good in uniform, and are very professional!

I have a very good friend flying down in Brazil (TAM Captain) and also a cousin (TAM F/O). Both called me yesterday saying that they saw an article posted at their Flight Ops board stating that a United Airlines top official in Brazil said that they are looking to hire 100 Brazilian/South American pilots to be based in São Paulo to fly international trips. Sort of the same deal with Flight Attendants at some airlines.
The article is from the "O Estado de São Paulo", the largest and most credible newspaper in Brazil.
I told them that that can't be true and I totally despise the idea.
United and UAL Alpa guys/gals, please inquire and tell me this is not true. All we need now is the outsourcing of our jobs to begin.

Peace!

They are confused!

We are going to send 100 UAL pilots down to GRU and live the good life....:} My friend from TAM can confrim this. Actually I wish we would hire some of the TAM F/A's as well!

I have my bid in as we speak.

They are confused!

We are going to send 100 UAL pilots down to GRU and live the good life....:} My friend from TAM can confrim this. Actually I wish we would hire some of the TAM F/A's as well!

I have my bid in as we speak.

I must agree. I ENVY my friends that fly for TAM, especially when they send me pictures of the whole crew during layovers...They are living THE life.
And another class graduates....

http://www.proflight.com.br/images/fotos/embarque_autorizado.jpg

Last edited:
My TAM buddy will chime in here soon, I think he is on a trip.

I LOVE my GRU/GIG layovers! Single guy paradise!

My TAM buddy will chime in here soon, I think he is on a trip.

I LOVE my GRU/GIG layovers! Single guy paradise!

Cool. That is my professional dream. Been to SP and RJ so many times. Wanna do it someday as a pilot. At least so far I did some EMB delivery flights on the way up. Roberto by any chance??

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back