• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Branson offers Sully a Job!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Branson is full of sh!t. Sully first heard of the offer through the media. If Branson was serious he would of personally notified Sully and made the offer himself. He knows Sully at his age isn't going to leave US Air. Branson just wanted his 15 minutes of fame...again!

What he said. That guy is a really great capitalist (admire that) but also a huge wanker of a human being. I am sure it keeps him up at night that many agree.:rolleyes:

pay_virgin2007.gif

$240 / hour is around what US East USED to make pre-9/11. Parity +2% era.

Isn't VA non-union? If so, the pilots could "not like" this offer to Sully, but they also can't do sheeot about it. Simple fact, not saying anything one way or another about pro or anti unionism.

I'd give up airline flying to fly that Intergalactic aircraft in a heartbeat (well, once it is fully tested)... Talk about exciting flying. But I bet a lot of the senior airline pilots out there would still get bored and jaded flying that thing too...

I'd give up airline flying to fly that Intergalactic aircraft in a heartbeat (well, once it is fully tested)... Talk about exciting flying. But I bet a lot of the senior airline pilots out there would still get bored and jaded flying that thing too...

At what pay? RJ pay? Haha! LOL! I can joke about that. I fly an RJ too. LOL!

Throw in 5 Virgin sorority nurse flight attendants and it's a deal.

Good for him, but I hope Branson offers the FO something as well.

Either way, I hope he takes it. To have the opportunity to leave a disgraceful payscale under a d**chebag CEO to make a bunch of money working for Branson.

That's an easy one.

What? The FO threw no gear over the Hudson on January 15th! The FO will only get his PGC fund and a lower seniority to an America West pilot with 15 years less longevity.

However, I'm sure Capt Sully will look out for his FO.

One thing is for sure, the senior Virgin Captain who wanted to go to Space will be pissed!

Last edited:
#1 Seniority and Double the Pay of the (now)#2 guy that's been there for years?

Pretty big FU to the people that have been keeping his planes out of the water all of these years.

+1. They don't call him Sir Dick for nothing.

Sadly, Sully's pension plan was terminated during the BK proceedings.

Why do you think he had to start up that sideline business?

Dude, I think everyone is aware that his airline pension is toast. I think he was alluding to Sulley's future in the speaking engagement business, which will pay him handsomely if he partakes. Not to mention that his little side business might grow some legs pretty fast.

Why Virgin Atlantic?

He's 58 yrs old with kids and the opportunity to make twice what a British 747 captain makes. I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a smack what other people think about him.

On that note, does anyone have a Virgin Atlantic (not Virgin American) payscale..

Why do you think Virgin Atlantic instead of America, because they fly over more icy water on an annual basis? What would that say about the future of Virgin America that Branson's new "best pilot" doesn't go there, but to Virgin Atlantic? What about Virgin Blue, at least then he could be based in Sydney, probably the equal commute from his home in Danville than London England? Maybe he'll get his own personal base assignment???

Latest resources

Back