• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

brand new cfi

fulcrum

stranger to the ground
Total Time
2000+
hi everybody just got my initial cfi today from the houston fsdo

any pointers on where to instruct in the houston area

the posts here on the cfi prep s helped out a lot thanks everybody

also all the experienced cfis feel free to pass along some words of wisdom
fly safe
fulcrum
any pointers on where to instruct in the houston area ! who is hiring ? thanks

Last edited:

bobbysamd

Total Time
Congratulations!

As my examiner for my first instructor rating said to me after I passed with him, very good-naturedly, you're now just another unemployed flight instructor. ;)

You know the routine. Hit the bricks and spam the universe with your resume. Follow-up and follow-up some more. Print up some business cards.

My instructor used to hustle up business through WINGS seminars. Try that. Along with attending the seminar, people need three hours of instruction, including one hour of airwork, one hour of instruments and one hour of takeoffs and landings to earn their Wings. A lot of these folks have their own airplanes.

Just an idea. Good luck with this new phase of your career.