• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Brad Holt

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Trust me Sparky....I wanted to after we got one of his gay letters at home but the human sacrifice gave me strict orders not to. I love him so I respect his wishes even though I wanted to sooooo bad.
How about contacting Brad and expressing your discontent (less of insults I'd recommend) instead of attacking him on an anonymous message board? It might actually be productive.

As a side note, I'm sick of hearing that the Brasilia got nothing. Remember when they switched the out time to cabin door closed from oil pressure in the left engine? I estimate that was equivalent to a 6-8% raise. Getting ACARS in the RJ was similar.

Scott

I totally agree with PBR on this one. There was a panicked thread a while back about OO guys not getting hired on at ALPA carriers. While everyone agreed that was not the case, I sorta wish it was true. In the event the ALPA vote fails, I would like to see a harder line in the future by the current ALPA folks. Blacklisting non-union folks would be a good start. Maybe you would get a pass if you were on the OC or something similar. I would want some kind of proof that a pilot coming from a non-union carrier had tried to bring a union on property.

As a side note, I'm sick of hearing that the Brasilia got nothing. Remember when they switched the out time to cabin door closed from oil pressure in the left engine? I estimate that was equivalent to a 6-8% raise. Getting ACARS in the RJ was similar.

Scott

SpyFlysDOTs
oh SS, that is the lamest argument I have heard this year!

I have to second that. SS you've made some silly remarks in the past, but this may be the tops!

Alright Megadeth, I think there is one solution here that you are not considering.

Personally, I think the guys a bit of a goody two shoes. Not BH, don't even know who he is. Dave Mustaine, but thats beside the point.

But put some of your favorite Megadeth on. The stuff that gets you amped up. Personally, I liked the So Far, So Good.....So What! album. Put on a good track, like 502 for example, and go find this BH guy and kick him in the balls.

Problem solved. I don't know why you girls got to get so emotional sometimes and make things so complicated.

I totally agree with PBR on this one. There was a panicked thread a while back about OO guys not getting hired on at ALPA carriers. While everyone agreed that was not the case, I sorta wish it was true. In the event the ALPA vote fails, I would like to see a harder line in the future by the current ALPA folks. Blacklisting non-union folks would be a good start. Maybe you would get a pass if you were on the OC or something similar. I would want some kind of proof that a pilot coming from a non-union carrier had tried to bring a union on property.
Isn’t coercion one of the sins a lot of pro-ALPA folks have accused management of??

I can’t agree that blacklisting anyone just because their carrier wasn’t represented by a union is the moral high ground. What’s next? If you weren’t in my fraternity you can’t join. If you didn’t vote for my candidate you can’t work here?

In a close vote it’s probably the very junior people who are the majority of the “no” votes. But like someone said in another thread, those same people will be on the OC the next time. They will have learned, I believe. But even if they still are an informed “no” vote, then why should their vote for what was right at a previous carrier, with different circumstances than the one they are applying to, affect their chances at a job. What about the 49% that voted “yes”. Do you punish them?

Think carefully about what you are saying.

Hope it passes.

-JP

Last edited:
Isn’t coercion one of the sins a lot of pro-ALPA folks have accused management of??

I can’t agree that blacklisting anyone just because their carrier wasn’t represented by a union is the moral high ground. What’s next? If you weren’t in my fraternity you can’t join. If you didn’t vote for my candidate you can’t work here?

In a close vote it’s probably the very junior people who are the majority of the “no” votes. But like someone said in another thread, those same people will be on the OC the next time. They will have learned, I believe. But even if they still are an informed “no” vote, then why should their vote for what was right at a previous carrier, with different circumstances than the one they are applying to, affect their chances at a job. What about the 49% that voted “yes”. Do you punish them?

Think carefully about what you are saying.

Hope it passes.

-JP

There lies the problem, we have lots and lots of junior people....

How about contacting Brad and expressing your discontent (less of insults I'd recommend) instead of attacking him on an anonymous message board? It might actually be productive.

Scott

Do me a favor and say hi to Mr. Roark and Tatoo, since you obviously live on Fantasy Island!

Latest resources

Back