• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

BP and PAN-AM 103 blood money

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does that topic relate to the Majors???

I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you were too young to remember. PAN-AM was the, "major airline" back in the day. The most recognizable logo in the world. The majority of the international routes flown by, "major airlines" today were pioneered by PAN-AM.

For a, "major airline" to be blown out of the sky by state sponsored terrorists and then let go for the sake of oil drilling rights is pretty significant. Recent attacks on current "major airlines" demonstrate to the perpetrators that justice has a price.

Now, to tie this directly to someone like you. Future attacks on, "major airlines" aside from the obvious horrific loss of life, means less hiring to the, "major airlines". Understand now why this topic is on the "major airlines" section and this is significant to someone like you trying to get a job with a, "major airline"?

Last edited:
God..........I don't know where to begin..............Sure, this was not right on a individual basis. However, for a country that has so much medled in other countries, started wars, overtoppled goverments etc, etc. just so it could pursue cheap oil to feed it oversized cars and airconditioners. It is so hypocritical to now blame a foreign country for actions US companies have been commiting for years.

Do I see any outrage over BOPAL for example??? I wonder if the US public outrage had been as large would the spill have happened near the coast of another country. Or would it have been more along the lines of "Oh well, as long as I can tank cheaply, I don't care"

What if all oil companies would say "we can drill 100% safe, however the gas prices would go up by oh well 400% like in Europe. How about I asked that question 4 months ago?

I guess, whatever, you make the bed I guess

God..........I don't know where to begin..............Sure, this was not right on a individual basis. However, for a country that has so much medled in other countries, started wars, overtoppled goverments etc, etc. just so it could pursue cheap oil to feed it oversized cars and airconditioners. It is so hypocritical to now blame a foreign country for actions US companies have been commiting for years.

Do I see any outrage over BOPAL for example??? I wonder if the US public outrage had been as large would the spill have happened near the coast of another country. Or would it have been more along the lines of "Oh well, as long as I can tank cheaply, I don't care"

What if all oil companies would say "we can drill 100% safe, however the gas prices would go up by oh well 400% like in Europe. How about I asked that question 4 months ago?

I guess, whatever, you make the bed I guess

Don't bother most people in the USA have no clue what your talking about.

Latest resources

Back