Boyd: Jetblue/Southwest headed for financial difficulties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Net-Working

"Oh and by the way...... you guys at SWA are not immune from whats happening in this industry. When..... not if...... when the hedges run out, and if your LF's don't improve and the new wages are still in place, well...just becareful who you make fun of during this time in the industry."

You should have added if the headwinds don't improve, if we underinflate our tires, if we forget to come to work, if we listen to the likes of you....We shall surely fail....Woe is us the sky is falling. Why do I even get up.

Give me a break, but thanks for sharing your expertise

Benhuntn said:
Net-Working

"Oh and by the way...... you guys at SWA are not immune from whats happening in this industry. When..... not if...... when the hedges run out, and if your LF's don't improve and the new wages are still in place, well...just becareful who you make fun of during this time in the industry."

You should have added if the headwinds don't improve, if we underinflate our tires, if we forget to come to work, if we listen to the likes of you....We shall surely fail....Woe is us the sky is falling. Why do I even get up.

Give me a break, but thanks for sharing your expertise

Your right......

and since your right, why don't you enlighten us about how much money SWA would have made this last quarter WITHOUT fuel hedges?

Go take your pills and relax skippy. All I was saying is that nobody is immune in this industry.

ps. What do you think is gonna happen when Herb kick the wild turkey bucket? Some idiot is gonna get in there and screw it up, just like the last guy that got replaced with Kelly.

Net,
Just got one word for ya!

STRIKE!

Networ-King said:
Your right......

and since your right, why don't you enlighten us about how much money SWA would have made this last quarter WITHOUT fuel hedges?

Go take your pills and relax skippy. All I was saying is that nobody is immune in this industry.

ps. What do you think is gonna happen when Herb kick the wild turkey bucket? Some idiot is gonna get in there and screw it up, just like the last guy that got replaced with Kelly.

Dude why are you so jaded at LUV. Feel the LUV. As to question #1, it just doesn't matter, as SWA indeed has fuel hedges, due to a smart business model. Asking what you asked is like asking how much profit Outback Steakhouses would have made had all their steaks tasted like crap. "Fuel hedge" is one key to the profits, amongst others.

Herb is not really running the airline anymore. He owns a sh1t load of shares, and you can bet when he speaks people listen, but day to day ops are Kelly and Barrett now. You are not the first rocket-scientist to realize that Herb is not getting any younger, and LUV management is also aware of it.

Don't expect LUV to be a non-competitor in the airline ring anytime soon.

Last edited:
dude its true

what silly question

variations

why don't you enlighten us about how FEDEX would have made this last quarter WITHOUT reliable service and quick delivery times?

why don't you enlighten us about how many adult films John Holmes would have made this last quarter WITHOUT his huge schlong?

why don't you enlighten us about how quick Qadaffi would have gone into hiding this last quarter WITHOUT F-111's bombing the sh1t out of him?

Last edited:
Networ-King said:
Some idiot is gonna get in there and screw it up, just like the last guy that got replaced with Kelly.

Parker screwed this place up?

Funny.....I didn't notice.

He was the CEO when we bought the fuel hedges.

satpak77 said:
dude its true

what silly question

variations

why don't you enlighten us about how FEDEX would have made this last quarter WITHOUT reliable service and quick delivery times?

why don't you enlighten us about how many adult films John Holmes would have made this last quarter WITHOUT his huge schlong?

why don't you enlighten us about how quick Qadaffi would have gone into hiding this last quarter WITHOUT F-111's bombing the sh1t out of him?

FedEx: The reliable service will always be there.

Homes: Huge schlong but dead

Qadaffi: Who really cares?

Your Fuel Hedges WILL RUN OUT someday.

Man you SWA guys are getting you panties in a bunch over this huh? The truth hurts eh?

As for Kelly.... yeah Im sure he quit due to personal reasons right? Then how come Herb already had a replacement on the same day? Its because like you said, when Herb talks people listen and Kelly was Fu%king up with the employee moral while he's still around and thats when Herb stepped in to get the old SWA moral back. Its Herb that makes that place what it is and IMO when he's gone we'll all see the LUV slowly go by the way side.

and bendouchin:

Strike? Maybe

You flying a 1000 hours a year till you retire: DEFINITE ;) enjoy

Who has the advantage? JB or SWA

I think JB has one advantage in that they save money on cleaning airplanes and plastic bags by making the pilots take home the trash in their jacket pockets. They even consider the old newspapers a perk benefit to the aircrew and take a tax write-off for it. Unfortunately, most of these savings are offset by the increased medical costs of cult deprogramming.

SWA has to replace the carpet on its airplanes more often because of the stress of all those low rent ticket paying passengers fighting for seats in "festival seating mode". Increased rate of tire usage, and the occassional lawsuit by some prig new-hire who got incensed when the F/A's showed him their Ta..ta..sss on IOE.

so basically, the question comes down to whether you want to clean airplanes or have F/A's thrust their de'colletage in your face....

Advantage Southwest.....God Bless'em

Latest resources

Back