Boyd: Jetblue/Southwest headed for financial difficulties

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Net-

Glad you like it at brown. I did my training at brown. Great company...I have many friends there. I would rather fly 1000 hrs in the day time than 800 or less at night. You have your preferences I have mine, it doesn't make them bad or wrong. Just preferences. By the way, my schedule only has 70 hrs a month. The rest is picked up to help out.

Not a kool aide drinker but definitely a fan of LUV!

Network-king,

It was Parker that "quit" and Kelley replaced him.

Most lines average 700 hours a year of flying, the guys that are hitting a 1000 are doing it with overtime.

Last edited:
Networ-King said:
As for Kelly.... yeah Im sure he quit due to personal reasons right? Then how come Herb already had a replacement on the same day? Its because like you said, when Herb talks people listen and Kelly was Fu%king up with the employee moral while he's still around and thats when Herb stepped in to get the old SWA moral back. Its Herb that makes that place what it is and IMO when he's gone we'll all see the LUV slowly go by the way side.

;) enjoy

I missed something. When did Gary Kelly quit?????

I'm glad you are happy with FedEx. Tell me why you feel the need to brag about it on a Boyd-SWA/JetBlue thread. What kind of attention are you looking for? Do you need a pat on the back?

You sound like Stuart Smalley. Just look into the mirror and repeat after me, "I'm a good pilot. I'm a smart pilot. I deserve to be here and am a good person."

Last edited:
Laughing_Jakal said:
I think JB has one advantage in that they save money on cleaning airplanes and plastic bags by making the pilots take home the trash in their jacket pockets. . . . . Unfortunately, most of these savings are offset by the increased medical costs of cult deprogramming. . . . . SWA has to replace the carpet on its airplanes more often because of the stress of all those low rent ticket paying passengers fighting for seats in "festival seating mode".

"Now, that's SASSY!"

Phil Hartman

Benhuntn said:
Net-

Glad you like it at brown. I did my training at brown. Great company...I have many friends there. I would rather fly 1000 hrs in the day time than 800 or less at night. You have your preferences I have mine, it doesn't make them bad or wrong. Just preferences. By the way, my schedule only has 70 hrs a month. The rest is picked up to help out.

Not a kool aide drinker but definitely a fan of LUV!

Parker parker parker.... thats what I meant to say Fly...... and no Im not looking for a pat on the back. Last 4 years have been very humbling and all I was trying to say is that the companies that are doing well right now might not be in a few years. Heck I might be out of a job again with this strike, who knows. Im just stating facts about what will happen in the future about FUEL HEDGES ( not may, but will run out) and I get jumped on by you guys. Im sorry if you don't like me stating my opinion on a public board, so get over it and lets move on. We can agree to disagree and see what happens with time.

ben...

90% of my flying has been during the day and Im averaging 20 hours a month. The other 10% is at night and all I hear on the radio is JB, Cactus and Delta. QOL for me at this point is more important. To each his own I guess.

Latest resources

Back